Author Topic: Daniel Herbert completed  (Read 9575 times)

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Daniel Herbert completed
« on: Monday 08 March 10 03:51 GMT (UK) »
Daniel Herbert..b 1801? unknown... Elizabeth ? unknown..parents of Hannah Maria.b 1828...William Henry .b1825 and Charles Frederick...b1826 at All Saints Hereford...
I cant find a marriage for this couple..but the only census I can see is the 1841 where Daniel Herbert is an Innkeeper... Elizabeth appears to be in another residence in same census, with a child Samuel age 5
I have the baptism record for Hannah.. and it states that Daniel was a glazier...mother Elizabeth...of Eign Street..?? thats all...

I have looked at the Pallots Marriage Index and see no marriage there either..
I think they may have been married,  around 1824..or earlier.. Maybe they married in another country...  Can anyone help please... ::) ;D

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Herbert
« Reply #1 on: Monday 08 March 10 04:11 GMT (UK) »
On 1841 Census Daniel and Elizabeth are NOT born in County, so yes they may have married elsewhere.

Possible;
Daniel HERBERT
Elizabeth DONKIN
20 November 1822, Topcliffe byThirsk, Yorkshire, England.

I will see if I can find them in 1851 to confirm hopefully POB.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 08 March 10 04:45 GMT (UK) »
I cant find them anywhere in 1851 Census.
Are you just going by the christening records or do you have one of their children's Marriage Certs with their Father as Daniel?

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 08 March 10 04:45 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Trish for that...terrific :)c

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 08 March 10 04:55 GMT (UK) »
I have Hannah Maria's Marriage certificate..May 15 1845.. Father Daniel Herbert..Innkeeper..Widemarsh Street... as in 1841 census...There is no mothers name....
and the baptism record I received off the Hereford Archive Service....dated 18 Feb.2010...

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 08 March 10 04:59 GMT (UK) »
Trish..I find it confusing that he was down as Glazia. on the baptisim  .when in the census he was Innkeeper..some difference in trade.. :)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 08 March 10 05:02 GMT (UK) »
Excellent as that confirms :)
Remember the Marriage I posted is just a possible.
It is also possible that they could have had children prior to going to Herts. Maybe a search on the IGI would be a good idea.
You would have thought they would have named children after themselves ie Daniel and Elizabeth, somewhere along the line.

Could they have emigrated??Have you found any of Hannahs siblings in 1851, I can't conclusively.

EDIT it is not impossible to change occp. Inn Keeoer could just be a small in house operation. They did not have to have a Pub. My G/G/G grandfather went from a male servant to barman to Pub Licencee. So anything is possible.
Can you make out what Elizabeth had as her occp was it something to do with tea?

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 08 March 10 05:09 GMT (UK) »
 Trish...On the 1841 census for Elizabeth..she's down as Fish Dealer?  but I cant really see that clearly.. as for migration..I thought they may have gone to NZ to be with Hannah..b ut I cant find any death notice there for either..that fits in with dates..
I looked at the IGI on that popular site..but as I am inexperienced, may not have done that correctly..may need guidance there.. ;D

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 08 March 10 05:28 GMT (UK) »
Trish...I have just found a Daniel Herbert..on the 1851 census...Innkeeper..Eye..Suffolk..but with a different wife...Hannah...funny that.. ??? ;D
And a Convict transportation to tasmania..but really dont think thats him...maybe he died..or as 1851 census..remarried... ???