Author Topic: Daniel Herbert completed  (Read 8023 times)

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Herbert
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 10 March 10 02:34 GMT (UK) »
In the births and deaths in Hereford 1847 an Eliza Herbert death Registered....also a .Mary Ann Herbert was born in 1842 and died in 1843.....Mary Herbert was born in 1843 and died in 1845..There was also a Thomas Herbert and a John Herbert whose deaths were registered in 1839 and 1837...Maybe these were Daniel and Elizabeths other children as I find it hard to believe that they only had three children, one of those being William, son, who died on 10 Dec.1829..
I also found a Samuel Hubert, 1841 census with Elizabeth at one residence, while Daniel and Charles were at another on same census... and a Samuel  in Shropshire in 1861, age 25,.. is he the same as Samuel age 5 in the 1841 census..It said he was born in Hereford..
On Hannah and John Hankins marriage certificate, is Daniel Herberts signature, and residence of Widemarsh Street, same as in 1841 census...so he was alive then..but can't be found anywhere that I know, after that date...Did he die also..and Elizabeth?? what became of her...
It would explain why John and Hannah Maria Hankins wanted to leave England for NZ to start a new life...But...this is only speculation on my part... ::) :)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 21 March 10 00:22 GMT (UK) »
I would like to start again...re Daniel Herbert.b 1801... only date I have on him other than that  is 1841 Census..Innkeeper.
I have names and dates of his family..most died young.. I would like to know his origin... Can someone advise me please...

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 22 March 10 11:44 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone else find anything for Dalek  please :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 22 March 10 22:52 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Trish...looks like I've struck a hard one here.. I think he either died or left the area. as there is no sight of him anywhere in the census after 1841.     ??? :)

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 23 March 10 09:23 GMT (UK) »
I have found a James Herbert of Widemarsh Street , All Saints  Hereford..Could this be a brother..Its the same address as Daniel ..Innkeeper .  I have no James listed up to date..

Offline Keziahemm

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Herbert completed
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 27 March 10 11:40 GMT (UK) »
Have searched the Herefordshire marriage index 1538-1837, no trace of marriage of Daniel and Elizabeth.

Herefordshire: Mytton.
Lincs: Ingham
Northants: Knight (Welford); Linnell;  Gaudern.
Staffs (Brierley Hill, Kingswinford): Wood; Eades.
Somerset: Bailey; Lewis
Warwickshire: (Alcester, Henley in Arden) Lewis; Casey/Keasey
Warwickshire (Birmingham suburbs) Knight
Yorkshire (Bradford):  Ingham

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Herbert completed
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 28 March 10 02:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks for all that..I really appreciate what you have done....I think he married elsewhere....he's an elusive man.. maybe he wanted it that way. ;D will keep looking.. ::)