Author Topic: Oki 3300 Printer Toner Leaking out of Image Drum  (Read 8125 times)

Offline sirius

• RootsChat Senior
  • Sirius 9 light years away,same as ancestors Doh!
    • View Profile
Oki 3300 Printer Toner Leaking out of Image Drum
« on: Monday 08 March 10 14:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,

Does anyone have any experience with colour toner printers please

The Magenta toner is leaking out of the bottom of the image drum blobbing on the transfer belt and coming out on the prints, if you clean the Magenta toner out of the printer it will print fine for loads of prints until that colour is used again in a print.
My question is will a new image drum cure it? don't want to by a new drum and find its not that.

Thanks and regards
Sirius
Callison Callesen Calleson

Offline les_looking

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Oki 3300 Printer Toner Leaking out of Image Drum
« Reply #1 on: Monday 08 March 10 16:35 GMT (UK) »
found this which MAY help

What kind of trouble can I find with the remanufactured toner cartridge?
The most common trouble with a remanufactured toner cartridge is toner leakage. Leaking toner can make your printer messy. It could cause you lots of money to clean up. If the toner leaks on the image drum, it could leaves black marks on the print out. Many people will mistakenly think that they have printer trouble in this case. Image qualities on remanufactured products are usually poor, because most manufacturers do not replace the image drum, which usually has only a life of three thousand prints. The toner grain size, electrical properties, and volume of toner content of a remanufactured product are usually do not meet specifications. Therefore, you may have to replace more often.

Offline sirius

• RootsChat Senior
  • Sirius 9 light years away,same as ancestors Doh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 08 March 10 17:05 GMT (UK) »

Hi les_looking

The printer has had 1 original Oki Magenta toner cartridge from when the printer was new it can separate from the image drum, it locks into it, the cartridge was mostly used up when the image drum  started to leak.
I purchased a new toner cartridge not a remanufactured one, the image drum still leaks you only change the toner cartridge the image drums which can stay in the printer should be good for 15000 copies, we have not used it that much.

Thanks
Sirius
Callison Callesen Calleson

Offline ???? ????

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 03 May 16 19:32 BST (UK) »
Leaked ink, especially as continuous fixed-distance strips, is a sign of drum that can not hold ink well. The color stained on printed page will tell you which drum goes wrong. Just replace that drum will fix the problem. Here is a sample of black stain on on my printed page which disapper after replacing black drum.