Author Topic: Curragh Camp detainees 1920s  (Read 42297 times)

Offline Lors

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Curragh Camp detainees 1920s
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 04 March 21 12:13 GMT (UK) »
I realise this is a long shot but if username 'athcarne' is still active I would very much like to view the diary he talked about in a post in 2013, see copy of post below. I believe my grandfather Michael Murphy may have been mentioned in the list of internees in 1923.

See copy of post below:
I have a small diary of people in Curragh Camp, Hare Camp 1923 in handwritten comments from internees as follow. forgive my interpretation as the print is rather small in in old irish.
Hutch 30 hare Park , Curragh
Sean O'Cogariin, Cathal O'Cein, Ft White,P O'Connor,L.Redmnd,Thmas Hgan,Tadg O'Floigg,Patrick O'Neill,Richard Knowles,Sean de Paor,Andrew Coffey,Jim McDonnell,Thomas Woods,john Colelough,Michael Murphy,Alardaip,de Bailegn,Tmair Ua Beacain,Seamus O'Brian,S.Mac Geapisilt,A.Power, Patrick Sheehan, Tom Brick, Maurice Spillane,Nicheal O'Grinin, Peadar Vinclair,Cinnuikicadon,Sean O'Riagain
There are sketches and poems and I would glaldy send copies............Tony Redmond

Offline Niamh Keyes

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 24 March 21 18:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rob,
I was looking at the list of signatures who contributed to the diary and I saw my great uncles name, Thomas O'Brien, You don't have the full last name but I'm pretty sure it's him as he was in the hunger strike in the Curragh prison. Would you be able to send on some of his writings, or any information at all would be lovely,
Thank,
Niamh.   

Offline PeggyMags

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 26 February 24 19:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi sorry I’m new here I’m not sure if I  replying correctly. ShogunRob , my great grandfather is in your list of autographs. PJ Moynagh. I’d love to see it if you have it. That would be only evidence I can find that he was there. Thanks