Author Topic: WESTLEY, BARTLETT, MOORE - Seaton & Beer  (Read 3838 times)

Offline Tiffaney

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
WESTLEY, BARTLETT, MOORE - Seaton & Beer
« on: Wednesday 10 March 10 10:20 GMT (UK) »

Hello members.

Am trying to find out more from the little I have, of WESTLEY/BARTLETT & MOORE families in Seaton & Beer, Devon.

In my tree I have an Agnes WESTLEY b: c1740 who married a John Moore also from Seaton & Beer.

They a daughter Sarah MOORE b: 03 Jun 1770 who married William BARTLETT b: 04 Mar 1770 in Seaton & Beer on 12 Mar 1790.  William's parents were: James BARTLETT and Elizabeth HEAD - Seaton & Beer.

Their son James MOORE b: 1780 married Elizabeth COPP b: 1782 in Tiverton Devon.  They had 7 children who I have.

Any information on above would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Tiffaney.
http://moorefromseaton.proboards.com/index.cgi
Caithness: Sutherland (2 families)
Perthshire: McLauchlan, Galletly. Dunn. Mill 
Glasgow: Paisley: Gilmour; Fillans
Orkney: Shearer, Peace, Laughton,Scott,Craigie, Sinclair, Tulloch, Spence, Laing
Devon: Moore, Gempton, Copp, Boone, Carter, Lee, Gill,
London:  Laver, Rix, Nightingale,Hartley, Mason,Satchell.
Nottingham: Bomforth, Shaw
Australia: Graham, Tattersall, Galletly
Ireland: Angland

N.Z: McLauchlan, Sutherland, Shearer,  Rix, Moore, Hartley,Mason, Gilmour, Bomforth,  Dunn, Galletly

Offline UplymeMoore

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WESTLEY, BARTLETT, MOORE - Seaton & Beer
« Reply #1 on: Monday 03 October 11 11:37 BST (UK) »
Good morning !  (Monday 3 October 2011)

Happy to find you and able to help too.  I am a direct descendant of this John Moore whose first marriage was to Agnes Westley (it was HER second marriage) on 30 August 1768, Parish of BEER & SEATON.

By the way, John Moore was born in Uplyme on  23 January 1742. His parents were Thomas Moore (Jr), born  28 October 1720 in Uplyme and Jane, who died on 12 January 1767;  both were from Uplyme;

I have a copy of this document. Agnes signed  with a big "A" whereas John signed it properly.  They were married by a Francis Drake, Vicar.  Witnesses: William Gill and Thomas Gill

After Agnes' death John Moore married Rachel Case on 12 October 1784 and had 5 children (John, Anne. Elizabeth, Joel and William).

Yours sincerely
Amy Moore

Offline Tiffaney

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 06 October 11 04:13 BST (UK) »

Amy, so thrilled to receive your wonderful post and at the same time learn more about my Moore (direct line) ancestors.

Sent an email to you today so can't wait to hear back from you.

Many, many thanks,

Tiffaney ChCh NZ
Orkney: Shearer, Peace, Laughton,Scott,Craigie, Sinclair, Tulloch, Spence, Laing

N.Z: McLauchlan, Sutherland, Shearer,  Rix, Moore, Hartley,Mason, Gilmour, Bomforth,  Dunn, Galletly

Offline UplymeMoore

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 06 October 11 09:44 BST (UK) »
Good morning , Tiffaney                 (France, 6 October 2011)

Have you sent your email to my personal address ?  Have got nothing yet!

By the way, do you have the names of John Moore & Agnes Westley children ?  The house, after John's new marriage to Rachael Case, must have been full of children.  On a Thithing map of Uplyme I can locate  the NUMBER of the piece of land they leased, lived and worked on.  Girls were either dressmaking or dealing on cheese !

I also have this same John's great-grandparents's names and marriage dates. Must say the family was not very original with their choice of names for the first born: 95% of them were John, including my own father ::)

Are we, therefore, cousins ?

Amy

Offline Tiffaney

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 06 October 11 20:34 BST (UK) »
Morning Amy,

So good to hear from you again.  Was it you who registered on http://ringofmyforums.proboards.com/index.cgi.?
Gather it was as your same ysername was used as on here.  Sent an email to the address you had on rings yesterday to redirect you to http://moorefromseaton.proboards.com/index.cgi     which would also have had my private email address for you to reply to - wonder what happened???

Yes, I do believe we are cousins which is wonderful to know.   I will try out your email address again in a few secs otherwise could you register on the Moore forum above and we can exchange emails privately there.

Will copy what you have given me which is great - thankyou very much.
warmest regards,
Tiffaney

Offline UplymeMoore

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 06 October 11 22:12 BST (UK) »
Hello

It was indeed me trying to use the other site for the same reason: to contact you.   Somehow I finally managed to get into this one first (had problems with reading the 'letters & numbers'.

Regards

Moderator Comment: email address removed as per RootsChat Policy. (Personal email addresses are not permitted in any format.) Please use our secure PM (personal message) system to share email addresses and other personal information. Thank You.

Note: New members need to make 3 postings before the PM system is fully functional

For Information on How to Send a PM

http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php