Author Topic: Stuck -help needed  (Read 4053 times)

Offline angela

• RootsChat Extra
  • Angela
    • View Profile
Stuck -help needed
« on: Friday 14 May 04 22:33 BST (UK) »
 IH
   I dont know if any one can help me   Iam stuck at rockbottom   nearly  Two Year now trying to find the
           Gisborne Family  
         All i have is the 1891 census
     Henry Gisborne age 36 where born Bedfordshire Eversholt  cant find him. be on loads of web sites cant find him any where he was born 1864/1865/on marriage cert wife Harriet Hender age 38 (Staffordshire )
on Marriage cert it says Henrys Father .William Gisborne deceased  Henry married on 12/ sep1887 in weston supper mare i do have there childrens name date of birth
But cannot find where Henry DOB or DODif any one can
            HELP ME PLEASE  thank
                                   angela :'(
Gisborne > Robson >Bendall > Wootten
Winter > Semple > Hender

Offline Gardener

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re:Stuck -help needed
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 15 May 04 12:18 BST (UK) »
This might be a red herring but have you considered a different surname? I see that the wedding you give is for a Henry Bunker Gisborne. I loked for a Henry Bunker of the right age and there is one with his grandfather and mother (unmarried), all born and living Westoning which is a couple of miles from Eversholt.
Sorry, think this raises more questions than it answers!
Rose (Black Country),Downs (Black Country),Wolloxall (any and all),Bark (Derbyshire),Wright (Derbyshire),Marsden (Derbyshire), Wallace (Black Country)

All census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline criggy

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 15 May 04 15:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Angela

Will check out Eversholt Parish Register Baptisms on microfiche circa 1855 - 1865 for you, possibly next week, to check for Henry Gisborne/Bunker.  

Regards

criggy
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Researching London: Crisp, Leahy, Lumley. Berks: Billington, Leahy, Newbury, Yorks: Naylor, Smith, Thackwray, Wilkinson, Lancs: Smith. Leics: Everitt, Marshall, Purcell, Lincs: Bullivant, Everitt, Johnson, Sargeant, Ward. Gloucs: Chard, Coopey, Cowley, Croome, May, Millman, Organ, Savage, Shearman. Ireland: Leahy (Killarny, Kilkenny, Kerry, Cork)

Offline criggy

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 16 May 04 16:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Angela

Am I right in thinking that the ages you gave for Henry Gisborne & Harriet are from the 1901 census rather than the 1891 census?

Also can you tell what age Henry gave on his marriage certificate please?

Thanks

criggy

Researching London: Crisp, Leahy, Lumley. Berks: Billington, Leahy, Newbury, Yorks: Naylor, Smith, Thackwray, Wilkinson, Lancs: Smith. Leics: Everitt, Marshall, Purcell, Lincs: Bullivant, Everitt, Johnson, Sargeant, Ward. Gloucs: Chard, Coopey, Cowley, Croome, May, Millman, Organ, Savage, Shearman. Ireland: Leahy (Killarny, Kilkenny, Kerry, Cork)

Offline criggy

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 17 May 04 16:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Angela

I checked Eversholt baptisms 1859 - 1874 but couldn't find any Gisbornes at all. Gisborne doesn't appear to be a Bedfordshire name. The only Gisborne family in 1881 is at Potton and they were from Derby & too young to be of any help to you.

I also looked for a Henry Bunker and the only one I could find with a father William was Henry Edward Bunker son of William & Jane Bunker of Eversholt, labourer c 18.12.1859 bn Nov 3rd. They also baptised a William 18.10.1857 & Emma 14.11.1855.

Had a quick look at Westoning as well 1850-1870 but was running out of time. No Gisbornes here either that I could see.

Could only find one Henry Bunker c 24.1.1850 to William & Jane of Westoning, labourer. There was also a William & Elizabeth christening children here 1850-1870's but no Henry that I could find.

Think your next port of call would be to check the 1837 Online site for Henry Bunker Gisbourne's birth certificate. If he is not there then he was probably born a Bunker as previously suggested and if illigitimate (father William Gisborne) may have taken his father's name later in life.

Of course just because I couldn't find anything doesn't mean he wasn't born in Eversholt - he may not have been christened!

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

criggy

Offline angela

• RootsChat Extra
  • Angela
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 23 May 04 23:01 BST (UK) »
Sorry for taking so long  but i for got how to go back on to this web page  Sorry .(CRIGGY   :)     ) i did find Henry Bunker in Westoning  in bedford i got birth cert but it not him
there Henry Bunker S mother was Emma Bunker and Her Father was William Bunker  .But henry married a Adline Jeff  i think it was about 1889 os it did not match with my Henry Bunker Gisborne on henry wife death cert she died in 18/1/1949 it says she was a widow (86 age ) her daughter  G W Robson 26Archfield road cothom bristol  she paid for the funeral  . i bleive  GW robson is
Grace Gisborne DOB 190?  . my granmother is Grace,s Sister
os if i could find (Graces Family they might know somthing
I Do remember my granmother telling me her ancesters was welloff on her bedroom wall she had  silk plack
it said      to Lady Gisborne  and at the end was from  LORD SHAW  ithink that the way it was spelt  but do not no what happend to it  gran used to say ther was a gisborne Dis tietled Because she got Pregnent out of marriage so this could be henry ,s mother i just dont know
for shore  .AND i think they where from nottinham
           Regards Angela
Gisborne > Robson >Bendall > Wootten
Winter > Semple > Hender