Author Topic: Clutton - Wesleyan Chapel  (Read 9608 times)

Offline snowbound

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Clutton - Wesleyan Chapel
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 08 December 10 13:29 GMT (UK) »

Greetings Elin         Glad my info was some help but I was wrong about Anne, Eliza, James and John being baptised in St Augustines.     They were baptised in Midsomer Norton presumably in the Methodist Chapel in Rackvernal Road 9 (built  1775 now demolished ) I wonder why the change as the next children, jane and Sarah were baptised in the parish churches ofClutton and Cameley.

Sometime between 1833and 1841Parfitt and most of his family moved to Aberystwith, S. Wales, leaving only Joseph and his family in Clutton.   They moved to Liverpool after his wife, Mary Travis died in 1855.

1851 Census shows Parfitt & wife living  besidetheir married son James.   Lodging with James was Jabez who married Sarah Smith in 1855.

Whilst I've been able to trace the marriages of Hester, Charlotte and the boys(except George) I never knew what happened to Anne, Jane or Sarah.        Obviouslyyou can tell me about Anne !   If you want to know more about the siblings let me know              Regards      Snowbound   

Offline elin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Madisaurus Vex
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 08 December 10 20:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Snowbound,

Yes I have the baptisms for Parfitt and Judith's children but nothing about Parfitt's parents and so I am really delighted to hear of them!  Could I ask where you found the information please?
I don't have anything for Jane and Sarah other than their baptisms.  Ann married John Jones, a puddler from Risca on 25 December 1841 at St Mary's Aberystruth.  They lived  mainly in Blaina,
Aberystruth until between 1861 and 1871 when they moved to Llantarnam.

They had eight children and Ann died 27 September, 1893.

If you message me your email I could invite you to look at my Ancestry Family Tree, if you would like to see it.

Best wishes for now,

Elin

Foxwell (Wotton Under Edge and South Wales), Howell (Stroud & Wotton Under Edge), Jones (South Wales) Merrigan (Liverpool), Kelly (Liverpool) Titley (Lincolnshire and Staffordshire)  Hellier (Somerset and Monmouthshire)           All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline snowbound

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 09 December 10 15:51 GMT (UK) »
    All the basic info about James Hellier, Parfitt and their progeny was given to me by a cousin,now deceased, who collected it about 10 yrs ago  She didn't have a computer and. I think .consulted the keepers of Parish records.    I've added to it by ploughing through  registers and microfilm at the Family Research Centre at Myddelton St London  -  a costly business but worthwhile.       
I             
                I'd be happy to dend you a copy of my family tree  but it wold have to be by post as I'm an absolute untutored  novice on the computer and have only basic equipment which constantly 'freezes'No more space Snowbound

Offline elin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Madisaurus Vex
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 09 December 10 17:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Snowbound,

I have kept a note of your phone and email details but do delete them from your message!!  I didn't make it clear but I meant that you should send them in a personal message. 

I have sent an invitation for you to look at my Ancestry tree and will send you an email.

Take care,

Elin :)
Foxwell (Wotton Under Edge and South Wales), Howell (Stroud & Wotton Under Edge), Jones (South Wales) Merrigan (Liverpool), Kelly (Liverpool) Titley (Lincolnshire and Staffordshire)  Hellier (Somerset and Monmouthshire)           All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 31 July 12 14:31 BST (UK) »
Better late!!!
The Wesleyan Chapel is still in existence although now not used for worship.Now in the North East Somerset and Bath Circuit. It is on the main A37 road to Bristol, just south of the Warwick Arms. Not sure who you would seek information from regarding records but there is I believe a Methodist District Archivist- try Methodist Church Bristol District website.

There was also a Primitive Methodist Church which closed many years ago.

Hope this helps

radstockjeff
Nurse, Musther, Smith, Julnes, Rogers, Parsons,Grieves(Greaves,Greeves),Wood,Cray,Scrine,Shellard,Greenstock,

There's nothing wrong with being mediocre...as long as you're good at it!

Offline elin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Madisaurus Vex
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 31 July 12 15:15 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much radstockjeff!!  Never too late!

I will check out the website that you mention.

Elin  :)

Offline Methodist caretaker

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 02 July 18 12:42 BST (UK) »
Hi all,
Appreciate this is an older post, but wondered if anyone was still looking in to Jane Parfitt?
I now own the Methodist church in clutton and understand from the plaque on the wall that she married Thomas Tucker a local preacher and are both buried in the small burial ground to the front of the property.
Hopefully this helps?
I also have 6 other graves I am trying to research.
Thanks

Offline avrilw

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 07 June 19 17:16 BST (UK) »
Hi
you could also try Chelwood. Some of my Clutton ancestors were bapt there.

Avril

Offline SarahG77

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 19 February 21 21:27 GMT (UK) »
I'm not sure you will see this message as I am a few years late joining Rootschat.  Whilst I may not be able to help with your query. I am a descendent of Hester Hellier, daughter of Parfitt Hellier and Judith Wilkins. I live in Monmouthshire.
Sarah