Author Topic: Wilson family - where are they??  (Read 7346 times)

Offline chenergy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wilson family - where are they??
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 09 October 11 02:35 BST (UK) »
Dear Sue, 
We can help you with the Thomas and Ann Wilson's Family Tree you requested.  Son Thomas Wilson emmigrated to Adelaide in South Australia in 1879.  His full name was Thomas Carr Wilson and he married Eliza Florence Bateman.  Of their four boys, the eldest, Thomas Henry, is my wife's grandfather.  I am in the process of writing a book about Thomas Henry's life - he was quite a prominent farmer and businessman in Western Australia.
"Carr" has proved to be the key word.  It appears on Thomas Carr Wilson's marriage certificate and death certificate.  The 1 year old Martha you refer to was actually Martha Carr Wilson.  Sadly she passed away on 21 June 1871. 
Your Thomas Wilson's father was Thomas Castles Wilson and he married Ann Carr at All Saints Church, Newcastle on 17 July 1827 (viz. the "Carr" link)   Thomas Wilson married Ann Elliott at St Andrews in Newcastle on 26 April 1852.  I have some baptismal dates for both but still need to confirm them. 
The 1891 Census records Ann Wilson living at 55 Elswick Street, Gateshead, as a widow, with children Samuel, Eleanor, Benjamin and Martha M.  (The M stands for Margaret)  So they had two more children and Thomas Wilson allegedly passed away prior to 1891. 
I have endeavoured to trace the Thomas Castles' ancestors with some success.  Currently I am searching the details of Thomas Carr's siblings.  Do we have a connection?

Offline chenergy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 10 October 11 13:32 BST (UK) »
Dear Sue
I have only just started with Rootschat and understand I need to make 3 postings before I can send a personal message.  So here goes.  It's all rather unclear for beginners!!

A Bientot

Chris

Offline chenergy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 10 October 11 13:32 BST (UK) »
A third posting

Chris

Offline leamick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 12 April 12 00:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris, I would be very interest to make contact with you, my GG Grandfather was Joseph Wilson born 1856 parents were Thomas Wilson and Ann Elliott, have a few Wilsons also with the name Carr in them

Thanks
Leanne

Offline leamick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 12 April 12 00:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue, I have information on Joseph Wilson born 1856, married Margaret Tait 1878 and immigrated to Australia 1883, died NSW 1929

Leanne

Offline chenergy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 12 April 12 02:17 BST (UK) »
Dear Leanne,
Great - I presume you live in NSW.  We are in Melbourne.  By all means please phone me or SMS 0408 997 305.

Our connection is through Thomas Carr Wilson (Joseph's eldest brother) who emigrated to Adelaide in 1879, married Eliza Florence Bateman in 1882, had 4 boys, the eldest of which, Thomas Henry Wilson, is my wife's grandfather. 

Chris Hamilton   :)