Author Topic: KEMP (nee Kitson) Ruth Ann  (Read 1517 times)

Offline wyndham

• --
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
KEMP (nee Kitson) Ruth Ann
« on: Monday 15 March 10 22:00 GMT (UK) »

I am trying to establish the date of death of the above which I have been told was probably in July 2007 and would have been about 76 years old.  She was the widow of Derek Kemp and at one time they lived in Sandy Lane, Cobham, Surrey but in recent years she resided in a nursing home in the Guildford area.

Any help will be greatly received.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: KEMP (nee Kitson) Ruth Ann
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 March 10 23:47 GMT (UK) »
Online BMD coverage is only available up to 2006.  You would have to check if your nearest main library has the GRO index for 2007
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline wyndham

• --
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 16 March 10 15:38 GMT (UK) »
Carole

Thanks for the advice.  I have taken a chance and ordered the death certificate from Surrey County Council as they are likely to be able to supply a copy based on the sparse information I have.  This would not have been possible with the GRO as I have no definite date of death.

Offline nostik1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 26 March 13 10:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ruth was my Aunt.
I used to stay with her and Derek when on exiat / half term from boarding school.
I don't know how to do it, but I am happy to share info on Ancestry. My FT is synchronized there.
Good luck - hope to hear from you   Peter 

Offline wyndham

• --
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 26 March 13 21:00 GMT (UK) »
Peter - Thank you for your notification.  Presumably you are related to the Kemp's?  Ruth Kemp, nee Kitson was my cousin.  Obviously her mother Joan was my aunt, who was my father's sister.  Ruth, as you probably know, died on 18 July 2007.  I definitely would be interested in hearing further from you if you require further information.

Offline nostik1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 26 March 13 22:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi - No, I'm a Kitson. Ruth was sister to my father Eric. I'm trying to work it out, but we're obviously cousins or something, sharing the same G grandparents!  Hello!!

Which one of the Money's was your father, Charles or Jack? I've obviously not got to your family yet.

I'm a newbie to this site (as you've no doubt realised!) and coming back to FH for the first time in years. Having great trouble negotiating this site though! (It must be me!)  ???

Offline wyndham

• --
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 27 March 13 12:24 GMT (UK) »
Peter - This has come as something of a surprise.  As you have completed the 3 necessary postings I will send you a pm.