Author Topic: Tuckies House ,Brosely, Shropshire  (Read 2280 times)

Offline startt

• RootsChat Member
  • James Lyon GGG 1790-1858
    • View Profile
Tuckies House ,Brosely, Shropshire
« on: Tuesday 16 March 10 19:47 GMT (UK) »
Eliza Challinor listed in 1841 cenus at Tuckies House. Is it part of a hamlet as Challinor's not there in 1851 but 16 other families listed at Tuckies.

Offline startt

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tuckies House ,Brosely, Shropshire
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 18 March 10 11:01 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the link Paul, very interesting.
Robin

Offline dickon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 19 March 10 16:46 GMT (UK) »
Have followed your instructions. ??? ??? i am no good with techno! carol

Offline dickon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 19 March 10 17:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

It's me again,just to let you know I have spken to Jackfield museum who are searching their archives for photos etc AND have informed me that the Industrial Pioneer William Reynolds(1758-1803)grandson of Abraham Derby also lived at Tuckies House.Also about 1775 There was a John Wilkinson also involved in building the Irin Bridge.Perhaps ther is a link.

Carol

Offline Katie Steele

• RootsChat Member
  • G.Grandparents Charles and Elizabeth Steele
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 20 March 10 19:53 GMT (UK) »
I used to live in Jackfield and my friend lived in part of the Tuckies. I was told it was once one big house, its now split into 3 I think. Its an absolutley gorgeous building. No wall or floor in it is level and you can see all the beams. beautiful!
Have you looked at the Tuckies on old-maps.co.uk the biggest building is the one there now I don't think any of the others are still there but I think they all would have been known as the tuckies.
Steele - Wellington, Drayton in Hales, Woodseaves - Shropshire <br />Jones - Montgomeryshire (Llanidloes and Llangurig)<br />Ball - Dawley, Shropshire <br />Williams - Dawley<br />Ray/Rea/Reay - Dawley, Shropshire, Bromsgrove, Worcs <br />Evans - Dawley, Horsehay<br />Halford - Dawley, Broseley, More, Clun<br />Harris - Little Wenlock, Birmingham, Feckenham<br />Paterson - Aberdeen<br />Skinner - Aberdeen

Offline startt

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 20 March 10 20:17 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that info Katie. It is owned by Francis Blythe Harris in 1838 who also owns The Ironbridge and a lot more property and land in the area. John Challinor the father of Eliza rented the house plus a house and garden and numerous fields in 1838 through 1841 but died in 1850.