Author Topic: 1813 Ballyeaston Congregation Census  (Read 28516 times)

Offline terpol

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1813 Ballyeaston Congregation Census
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 31 January 12 08:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello Lynn
William Weir Pollock had 3 children, wife Elizabeth Crooks Pollock (nee Perry)
Samuel John Alexander b 1921 (my father)
Janet (Nettie) b 1923
Martha (Meta) b 1926
All were born in Larne Nth Ireland
The whole family migrated to Australia arriving in South Australia on 12th Feb 1927 aboard the  RMS Otranto. Now I have been unable to trace any official records of their arrival and only have a note written by my father with the details of the ship, its captain, Capt H.G.Staunton, and the ages, last birthday, of each member of the family.
Let me know if you need further information?
Kind regards
Terence

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 31 January 12 09:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
   9 Sept 1921 William Weir Pollock married Elizabeth Crook Perry in Sandys Street First Presbyterian Church, Newry. In Irish terms Newry is a considerable distance from Larne.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline skels

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 31 January 12 18:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kingskerswell,

Thanks for such a precise date and the name of the church, I'm sure Terence in Australia will be delighted to add this to his family data.

I agree that Newry is a long way from Larne, but must persume that this was her home town, again Terence may be able to confirm that.

Can I enquire how you had the exact details?

Many Thanks once again from both Terence and myself

Lynn

Offline terpol

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 01 February 12 09:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello Kingskerswell
Thank you for the information as I had been unable to locate a marriage certificate for my grandparents. The information I have, according to both the 1901 and 1911 census, is that my grandmother was born and lived in Larne. Co. Antrim. In the 1901 census she lived at Waterloo Road, Larne and the 1911 census she lived in Newington Ave, Larne. My grandfather was born in Kilwaughter (according to his birth certificate) and in the 1901 census he was listed as 'residents of a house 9 in Drumahoe (Kilwaughter, Antrim)'. The 1911 census the family had moved to Carsons St. Larne, Antrim. As I am not familiar with the geography of Nth Ireland I have no idea why they were married in Newry, I can only speculate that they moved nearer that location or were living there at the time of their marriage. This is as much information as I have been able to gather and not having access to records here in Australia it has been a difficult search, but thanks to your generosity I have pieced together some other useful facts. My search for other decendents ie further back than my gg grandfather have also been fruitless.
Thanks again for the information it is much appreciated.
Kind regards
Terence

Offline John Laird

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 17 July 13 18:21 BST (UK) »
Hi John
Many thanks for your quick reply.
I should explain that I am making enquiries on behalf of a friend Denise living in New Zealand who is descended from James Baxter of Headwood/Ballyboley who emigrated there around 1884. James' date of birth is what Denise is trying to find. She thinks it was in 1861/2/3. His parents were Robert Baxter of Upper Ballyboley and Maria McKinstry of Graiginorne who married in Kikwaughter/Larne NSP church on 30 Nov 1855. I have found for Denise in the 2nd Ballyeaston details of some of the baptisms of children of the marriage:-1856 Elizabeth;1857 Mary Anne; 1859 Sarah; 1861 (no name). The PRONI microflim baptism record ends in 1862, begins again in 1865-7 and then 1883-1967. I also know from the LDS records that twins joseph and Robert Hugh were born in March 1864; a daughter Maria (who did not survive long) was born in June 1865 and finally another Maria was born in 1869 shortly before her mother Maria died in that year. Robert remarried in 1870 to Sarah Agnew of Craiginorne.
Unfortunately, as you can see, James' birth falls between the end of the church records in 1861 and the beginning of civil registration in 1864.
By the way, the parentsd of Robert baxter were James baxter and Mary Greenlees.
Anything you can do to pin down James' birth date or any other info on the family would be much appreciated.
best wishes
den

Offline John Laird

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 17 July 13 18:39 BST (UK) »
Hello Mr Hamill, Robert Baxter was my wife's ggrandfather - he was the gamekeeper at Kilwaughter castle and lived in the little Lodge House. James Baxter was born 25 December 1869 in the Lodge House (which still stands - I photographed it 2 weeks ago). If your friend wants more info I have a family tree done for the Baxters (and the Ogilbys) and would be delighted to pass a copy to her. We live once again in Northern Ireland having retired here from Scotland. I have some photos which may be of interest.
I have only just come across your enquiry so reply to me if you still have an interest!
John Laird
PS I have attached a photo of Robert Baxter standing outside the Lodge House with Maria McKinstry.

Offline DHAMILL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 19 July 13 19:01 BST (UK) »
Hi John
Good to hear from you. If you wouldn't mind emailing me at:-
dhamill351@virginmedia.com
I could give you Denise's email address and you could contact her direct. She is very much looking forward to your info.
best wishes
den

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 22 February 14 20:08 GMT (UK) »
This message is for Antrim777 who is doing the Robinson genealogy. Yesterday, I learned that my Mary Lawson Beggs of Ballyvoy, Parish of Kilbride married a James Robinson.  She was baptised in Kilbride Presbyterian Church in 1848 so guessing marriage would be about 1870. Do you have this marriage in your records? I don't have parents for James. I know that Mary was still alive in April 1880.
I did find a James Robinson in 1911 in Carnlea, wife Mary, who is 69. Age is wrong but area is where the Beggs were known to have land. I also found a death for a Mary Robinson on Apr 10, 1910 in Carnlea so if this is the correct Mary's death, then that can't be her on the 1911 census. Do you have any information on this couple?
Thanks
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 22 February 14 20:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
    8 Oct 1872 James Robinson married Mary Beggs in Kilbride Presbyterian Church. The fathers' names were Thomas Robinson and Thomas Beggs.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim