Author Topic: Scale board seller.  (Read 12254 times)

Offline oz_searcher

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Scale board seller.
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 01 January 19 10:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,
My aunt found out most of this

Daniel de Bouffler, born 1664, the will I have is from 1745. And the wills of his wife Rebecca and son Thomas like you do. Have no idea what a scale board seller is!

Thomas's son Thomas born in 1751, his son John (a shoemaker) born 1781, his son Thomas born 1814, his daughter Elizabeth born 1868, then my great grandmother her daughter Elizabeth.

I think most of it is correct. On the family search website it mentions Daniel de Bouffler died in the battle of fontainebleu, in 1745, which sounds very exciting! If I find anything else out I will let you know.

:)
suzie

Hi Souzie, I am currently getting back into some researching and found you post via google. I was wondering if you could share you information on Daniel de Bouffler. I have reached him as the top of my tree but have very little information on him.
I notice this is an old post and don't know if you are still using Rootschat.

Appreciate any help. Luke

Offline grandarog

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Original Ancestor
    • View Profile
Re: Scale board seller.
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 01 January 19 19:17 GMT (UK) »
Seller of Scaleboard, would deal in

scaleboard [ˈskeɪlˌbɔːd ˈskæbəd]
n
(Fine Arts & Visual Arts / Art Terms) a very thin piece of board, used for backing a picture, as a veneer, etc.

Source
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

:)In this day and age hwe would be an arms dealer selling Russian Guided Missiles code named Scaleboard. LOL :D ;D

Searcher,
 My earlier post from 2010. :)
WAGHORN/E
KENWARD
HARRIS
DIXON
MARSHALL
MERCER
CARE
FAGG
RUSSELL
WOODRUFF