Author Topic: Death reg - Harrow area Completed with thanks  (Read 1417 times)

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Death reg - Harrow area Completed with thanks
« on: Saturday 20 March 10 16:30 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for the death reg of Mary Ann Murrell - a mystery woman

She was born 2 Sept 1890 Castor Norfolk

according to a family member who remembers attending her funeral Mary Ann was interred April 1974 in the general Cemetary Kensal Green Harrow Road W10 4 RA
She supposedly died as Mary Ann Morrison

We have mary Ann Murell's history -and it is believed she never married

She had a child in 1912 with a gentleman "of connections" -he paid for the mother and childs upkeep until he married . The child was taken at some time when she was very young to the West Indies to stay with her father for a few months -and she remembered her father visiting.

When Mary Ann died her daughter and granddaughters attended the funeral -and when they went to mary Ann's home all paperwork etc had been removed from her desk. So there was no documentation of the daughter's father-or of any marriage for mary Ann

The daughter and Granddaughters were led to believe she died as mary Ann Morrison????

I can find no death reg or cemetary reg of mary Ann Morrison at that time

I can find no marriage reg to a Mr Morrison

The nearest death reg I can find is

Mary Ann V Baynes
b.3  Sept 1890
death reg mar qtr 1975
Harrow
12 2271

but I can find no marriage to a Mr Baynes either - and Baynes is not a name which was known to the family

Can anyone help please?

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Death reg - Harrow area
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 20 March 10 16:38 GMT (UK) »
Kensal Green cemetery is still a privately owned cemetery. Have you contacted them directly to ask if they have a burial entry for her under any combination of names in April 1974?

http://www.kensalgreencemetery.com/contact/index.html

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 20 March 10 16:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Death registration

Mary Anne Morrison
Born 2 Sep 1890
Death registered 1975
Registration district Kensington
Volume: 13
Page: 1772

The death certificate will give an exact date of death which will help when contacting Kensal Green cemetery as Dawn has suggested. If she was buried in a private grave the cemetery should be able to tell you who else was buried with her and when the grave plot was purchased and by whom.

Regards

Valda
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 20 March 10 16:56 GMT (UK) »
thank you for replying dawn

Kelsal Green was contacted a few years ago with the name Morrison or Murrell -but no record could be found.

I have only just found the Mary Ann V Baynes death reg - which was reg Mar qtr -so it is possible the burial could be April -but it is a year later and the family are certain death ocurred 1974.- but there is no documentation to prove this - I will contact Kelsal Green and ask for 1975 with combiination of names

Thank you for your suggestion

Was just about to post and noticed your post Valda - that looks very promising - and a year later than "thought" -I will contact them

Thank you

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk