Author Topic: Roots for DIMMOCK in Olney  (Read 11319 times)

Offline Artognou

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Roots for DIMMOCK in Olney
« Reply #27 on: Friday 25 April 14 15:55 BST (UK) »
Not to worry, thanks anyway.
She's been a bit of a nightmare - in fact one of the trickiest people in my entire family tree to track down, I can't even find a death record for her!
Searching for - McIntyres of Mull & Maybole, Ayrshire and McQuarries of Ulva/Mull.
Foot family of Cornwall/Devon/Dorset, Sargents and Kerslakes of Cornwall/Devon.
McDonalds of Aberdeen/Banff/Sutherland
Aird and Muirfamilies of Ayrshire, Bell families of Ayrshire
Macey, Giles and Lishmund families of Devon.
Baldwins of Hertfordshire.
Dimmock family of Bucks.
Snow family of London.
Dallimore/Dillimores of Wiltshire.
Hunts-Norfolk.
Simmons of Cornwall and Ward/Hewetts of London

Offline Macrodon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Roots for DIMMOCK in Olney
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 17 November 16 23:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am pondering on the chance we could be related.
In 1816, my 4th great grandparents married in London, Isaac Seggins (b.1795 in Ringland, Norfolk) married Eleanor Dimmock, they had all their children in Weston Underwood however Eleanor died before 1841, so getting any information on her is impossible, I can't even find her death, but it has been strongly suggested to me that her place of birth was somewhere in Buckinghamshire.
Isaac moved after 1851 with one of his daughters, Martha, to Australia and that is where he died in 1878.
Although this is VERY distant (on my wife's side), I might be able to help a little. I have Isaac Seggins b. 16 July 1794 in Ringland, Norfolk. I did not know who he married but know that he was a school teacher and had a daughter Martha (born around 1811 in Weston Underwood, Bucks.). She is in the 1841 census living in Winchester as a servant, a visitor in a cousin's house in 1851, occ. cook and lodging in the household of a coal merchant in Winchester in 1861, occ. dealer in pastry. She died in 1869 reg. Winchester. No reference to Australia though.