Author Topic: Owen Edwards, Bryneithinog, Penrhosllugwy.  (Read 5776 times)

Offline MEDI

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Owen Edwards, Bryneithinog, Penrhosllugwy.
« on: Sunday 21 March 10 00:14 GMT (UK) »

ErrorSPAM
REPORT THIS POST AS SPAM (Use 'Report to Moderator'). DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN THIS POST. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS PERSON.
][/color]Does anyone have any information about Owen Edwards,b.1747 approx.at Bodafon Isaf; he married Jane b.1745 & went to live at Brynethinog.I believed he worked as a farmer and mason, but I am interested in the work he did to help educate the local children by starting a school at Bryneithinog, because of it's popularity it was moved from the tiny cottage to a larger house, Pen y Braich in1814 and later to Tyddyn Isaf. He also started a Sunday School in the area.
          My brother was told this by a gentleman at Anglesey Show, who indicated he had a lot more to tell him including information about a book by "Cedric Owen" from Perth, Australia called"Earlier Lives"; the meeting was a few years ago and he lost his name and address.         Can anybody help?
      thanks, medi.

Offline MEDI

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Owen Edwards, Bryneithinog, Penrhosllugwy.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 01 April 10 11:03 BST (UK) »

ErrorSPAM
REPORT THIS POST AS SPAM (Use 'Report to Moderator'). DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN THIS POST. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS PERSON.
][/color]
Does anyone have any information about Owen Edwards,b.1747 approx.at Bodafon Isaf; he married Jane b.1745 & went to live at Brynethinog.I believed he worked as a farmer and mason, but I am interested in the work he did to help educate the local children by starting a school at Bryneithinog, because of it's popularity it was moved from the tiny cottage to a larger house, Pen y Braich in1814 and later to Tyddyn Isaf. He also started a Sunday School in the area.
          My brother was told this by a gentleman at Anglesey Show, who indicated he had a lot more to tell him including information about a book by "Cedric Owen" from Perth, Australia called"Earlier Lives"; the meeting was a few years ago and he lost his name and address.         Can anybody help?
      thanks, medi.

Offline robfra1234

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 18 September 10 07:45 BST (UK) »
Hey MEDI,

I have the original book called 'Earlier Lives' in my hands right now.
I am the great grandson of Cedric Owen and live in Perth, Australia.
The book, earlier lives, which I am currently reading contains a lot of information regarding Owen Edwards and I would be very happy to give you any information that I have access to.
Please feel free to contact me, I will give you my contact details in the case you respond to this.

Kind Regards,
Rob

Offline MEDI

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 19 September 10 19:09 BST (UK) »
Hi  Rob, Cant tell you how delighted I am to have received your message. You must be a long distance cousin in more ways than one. I would love to purchase this book, is it still in print, who are the publishers, and do you know if I can buy in this country? How was Cedric Owen  related to Owen Edwards ?  Any information you can give me I would be delighted to receive. I don't live in Anglesey, but in Pembrokeshire, about 4 hours away, but I intend to visit the island within the next couple of weeks to do some more research into that part of the family.
There is an Aunt who is 90 years old still living on a farm in the area. If you need any ancestry information, I am only to happy to help if I can. Hope to hear from you soon,
Hwyl
Medi.

Offline MEDI

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 02 October 10 19:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Rob,
Just come back from Anglesey and I went to visit to visit Penrhosllugwy. It was rather late in the day and getting dark, but we did have time to go around the churchyard and found a few graves belonging to relatives although I did not find Owen Edwards as it started to get to dark to read the names. The churchyard was well kept with a few sheep wandering around, and was surrounded by fields. The village is very small but lovely, the houses set behind a large pond. I have been told that Bryneithinog no longer exists.

Waiting to hear from you with any information you may have about Owen Edwards. I hope you will be able to as I accidentally clicked the "oversubscribe to this topic" I believe you can not send any private messages until you have posted three.

looking forward to hearing from you

Laura

Offline MEDI

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 15 June 11 23:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Rob,
Last Sept you said you would be happy to contact me regarding Owen Edwards, Bryneithinog, and also Cedric Owen from Perth Australia, I would love to hear from you and share information,
Medi

Offline emyrroberts

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 22 May 16 15:11 BST (UK) »
Hello, I have just seen these postings. I have some information about Edwards Bryneithinog if anyone wants to contact. Hwyl.