Author Topic: Marriages - Presteigne, Radnorshire  (Read 5009 times)

Offline evansun

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriages - Presteigne, Radnorshire
« on: Wednesday 24 March 10 06:20 GMT (UK) »
Recently I was at my local library viewing ancestry.com - I came across this item "Radnorshire, Wales Marriages, 1813-1835" there was a  marriage for Evan Griffiths to Margaret Miles by License on the 17th December (no given year), I am hoping that this is my 2nd great grandparents.

My Evan was born in Llandewwi Ysatradenni, Radnorshire and Margaret was born in Mainstone, Shropshire according to census entries.

Would SKS be able to view the entry and let me know the year and any other information, I am hoping it maybe 1817 plus or minus a year.

Thank you

Evansun

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Marriages - Presteigne, Radnorshire
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 24 March 10 18:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat

What you saw is all there is - I am sending you a pm

Have you seen the IGI entries with their children's baptisms?  Eldest child Richard was christened 26.7.1818 (extracted record) although there is a submitted record which shows 1817

There is also a submitted record showing a Susannah Griffiths b "about" 1808 parents Evan and Margaret.  Beware submitted records as they are frequently inaccurate
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline evansun

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriages - Presteigne, Radnorshire
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 24 March 10 22:37 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your welcome.

I tried looking on the LDS site to see whether there was a film I could hire  for Presteigne to look up.

I have been searching for her maiden name for a number of years now. I do know of 4 children, Richard, Elinor, Susanna and Ann  - it is a pity that one of the children weren't born after 1837, I would have purchased that birth certificate.