Author Topic: Rutter family  (Read 4373 times)

Offline waralan

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Rutter family
« on: Sunday 16 May 04 19:14 BST (UK) »
Hi,
       I am trying to find out as much as possible about the Rutter family.  The branch I am most interested in is from Lincolnshire.
       Also, I would like to locate a copy of the Rutter family creast.
       One of my contacts in England, said the family is from arostracy(sp).  Is that a possibility?
Rutter name

Offline waralan

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re:Rutter family
« Reply #1 on: Monday 17 May 04 01:41 BST (UK) »
Hi,
      I forgot to mention that my grandfather, Ewdard Rutter, left England via Glascow, Scotland, and Entered Ellis Island in 1901.
       From there he went to work in the iorn mines in Michigan, and was blinded for a time.  Because of a family disagreement, the other brothers went elsewheres.  Later, my grandfather went to North Dakota where he served as section foreman for a small railroad.  A few years later, the family and he moved to a farm north of town.
        My father wrote to our relatives in England until my grandfather's death in 1952.  If I could track my relatives, I would like to write to them again.
Rutter name

Offline MrB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 18 May 04 21:11 BST (UK) »
If I could track my relatives, I would like to write to them again.

From your other posts you believe your relatives live in Lincolnshire.

If that is the case try making contact with (one of?) the local radio stations for the area example Radio Lincolnshire at http://www.bbc.co.uk/england/radiolincolnshire/

Some local radio stations run a "getting in touch with old friends (relatives?)" type of programme - you might get lucky.

Offline waralan

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 18 May 04 21:42 BST (UK) »
Mr.B
        Thanks.  Using the link you sent me, I e-mailed the BBC.  Now I guess I will just have to wait and see.
Rutter name

Offline MrB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 18 May 04 21:56 BST (UK) »
Mr.B
        Thanks.  Using the link you sent me, I e-mailed the BBC.  Now I guess I will just have to wait and see.

Thankyou for the feedback.
Good Luck.
Let us know how you get on.

Stuart