Author Topic: Edward Hutton Potterton Rd Carlow  (Read 25868 times)

Offline stapleton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Edward Hutton Potterton Rd Carlow
« on: Monday 29 March 10 23:18 BST (UK) »
Looking for information on  Huttons from Potterton road Carlow.

Edward HUTTON  born in the 1830's in Castledermot, Kildare to Alice and Richard HUTTON. In 1863 in Carlow Town he married Bridget Mary MURPHY, who was born in Carlow in 1836 to Jeremiah (Darby) MURPHY and Elizabeth DOYLE.Bridget and Edward HUTTON's 8 children were all born in Pollerton Road, Carlow between 1864 - 1883.
Edward's son  Thomas Hutton is my Grgrandfather he was born in Carlow and worked as a gardener and later a Stewart in Cootehill Co Cavan until 1950's. Thomas married and Margaret Murphy in 1900 in St. Andrew church Dublin . They had 5 children ;
My Grandmother was Annie ( Babs) Hutton the eldest daughter , Bridget (Eileen), Thomas ( Gardener at Aras an Uachtarain, Irish Presidents residence), Constance ( died aged 7 ) Joseph ( Lived in Wales).

Any leads about  about GrGrandfather Edward Hutton  and his father Richard Hutton would be great .
Ledwidge, Guiden, Stapleton, Cahill, Hutton, lane
People from Kilpedder Co Wicklow

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Hutton Potterton Rd Carlow
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 30 March 10 18:57 BST (UK) »
Not much to add from 'Carlow Town Roots 1901;

Pollerton rd (50)
Hutton Edward & Bridget; John, Agnes, Patrick (Kelly Mary, Bridget)

Stapleton rd; (41)
Hutton Edward & Julia; Mary, Bridget. (O Connor Michael)

Electors List 1936/37;
Granby row;
Hutton Patrick, Kate.

Pollerton rd;
Hutton John, Bridget, James, John.

Stapleton rd (north)
Hutton Edward, Julia, Frank, Ellen.

Offline stapleton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 30 March 10 21:38 BST (UK) »
Thank you for that information

Offline nholloway

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 01 April 10 03:30 BST (UK) »
I believe that we are related.  My dad's cousins are Huttons from Pollerton Road.  I had managed to do our family tree back to the 1600 but am missing a gap of about 100 years.  Unfortunately at the moment my tree has somehow got corrupted on my computer and I'm hoping that it can be restored.  I am trying to redo it also from memory and notes so if I can be of any help, I will.  It just might take me time

Offline stapleton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 01 April 10 23:58 BST (UK) »
nholloway,
It's lovely to hear from you.That's an amazing feat! All the way back to 1600! When you get the time I would love to see any information you have.

Offline nholloway

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 02 April 10 00:14 BST (UK) »
I'm hoping that I can recover the information on my computer but in the meantime I have my Dad putting it together again for me and I can fill in the blanks that I cant remember myself.  Sorry my mistake in 1st reply.  I'm back in the 1700's and missing that 100 year.  All the records for the area were destroyed in a fire seemingly so I'm hoping that someone has them in their family

Offline nholloway

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 27 April 10 19:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Stapleton.  I have managed to get back most of my family tree and I think I am at the same stage as you.  Your Grgrandfather Thomas had a brother John and that is my family line.  I also have only back to Richard but am missing dates.

Do you have the names of the other 8 children born to Edward and Bridget?  I have a lot of other names but not sure who goes with whom.

I do have Edward having a brother Frank and possibly 2 sisters Julia and Ellen.  Not sure how accurate these are.  I have them from the 1901 Census but just need to link everyone together.

Before Richard I am missing gaps but do have names of Thomas again in late 1600's.  I believe that is also our line.  It appears that Thomas married twice and that is where the confusion lies.  Part of that family moved to Pennyslyvia and I have some contact to families there but again they are missing that gap. 

I was hoping that someone is another part of the family might have the missing links.  If you want to send me your email address, I can send you the information that I havent been able to link to mine and maybe you or your family might recognise someone. 

Offline stapleton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 27 April 10 21:36 BST (UK) »
Hi nholloway , I am Helen Ledwidge and I live in County Wicklow Ireland, I would be delighted if you could email me any  information you have and I'll see if I can figure out the missing links. Are you in Ireland or abroad? Maybe if I have names and dates I could look up parish registers here!I have a photo of Thomas in old age, I will email it to you. My email is (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline nholloway

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 27 April 10 22:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Helen.  I think we were in touch before, I vaguely remember the name.  Do you have a tree on Family Tree Maker?  It would be great if we could figure out the missing links.  I am originally from Carlow (and also a Hutton) but am currently in California.  We will be returning to Ireland next year.  This programme has blanked your email address so if you can send it as a private message.  Not sure where that option is on here tho.   :)