Author Topic: HOWDEN/HOUDEN Family Gympie, QLD  (Read 2510 times)

Offline SydneyAuss

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
HOWDEN/HOUDEN Family Gympie, QLD
« on: Tuesday 06 April 10 01:36 BST (UK) »
Hi,

If anyone has links to the Howden/Houden family of Gympie, QLD give would like to hear from you.

The family was as follows;

James Howden c.1840-1918 and his wife
Sarah Howden (nee Devlin) c.1843-1906

Their children;

Ann Jane Howden (c.1861-1876)
Elizabeth Howden (c.1863-)
John Howden (1868-1914)
Mary Sheehy nee Howden (1868-1950)
Hugh Howden d. 1871
Margaret Tory nee Howden (1870-1958)
Catherine Howden (1872-1889)
Thomas Howden (1874-)
Anne Howden (1877-1878)
James Howden (1880-)
William Howden (1883-1913)
Harry Howden (1884-1889)

Regards,

Anthony

Offline Dena Schmidt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: HOWDEN/HOUDEN Family Gympie, QLD
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 30 May 23 07:20 BST (UK) »
Hi I am connect to the Howden through direct line. Elizabeth Howden of Gympie Queensland is my mum's great great grandmother

Online maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 31 May 23 03:10 BST (UK) »
Hello Dena and welcome to RootsChat.

SydneyAuss has not been on line here since August 2021, however hopefully he still has the same email address and will receive notification of your post. I'm sure he will be happy to hear from you.

Offline Dena Schmidt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 31 May 23 04:14 BST (UK) »
So does that mean iam talking to living relatives? Not just a forum on my grandmother

Online maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 31 May 23 11:46 BST (UK) »
This is a forum for discussing all family history. Anyone can post a question and others will try to answer. I would assume the majority of people are asking about their own family history, but not necessarily. Anthony (SydneyAuss) does not explicitly say he is related to the HOWDENs of Gympie, but it's more than likely.

Offline SydneyAuss

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 03 June 23 14:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Dena & Maddys52,

Thank you for your messages, and I can indeed confirm that I am related to the Howdens.

My great great grandfather was John Howden, who died aged 45 in 1914. John Howden married Lydia O'Brien and they had many children, one of whom was my great grandmother Sarah May Moore (nee Howden).

Nice to hear that you also connect to this family line Dena. We'd be distant cousins. Would love to hear any interesting stories your mum or other older relatives might recall about the Howden family. I'm also wondering if anyone has any photos of any of the children or indeed of James & Sarah Howden (in their old age).

Feel free to private message me, and I'll provide you my email address.

Look forward to hearing from you Dena.

Kind Regards,

Anthony

Offline Dena Schmidt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 03 June 23 22:05 BST (UK) »
Wow, well hi there Anthony this is a little unexpected for me, I have just started my family search so really don't have all that much to tell you at this stage but I would be happy to share anything I come across, with you.......what part of the world are you from Australia?...

My family grew up on the sunshine coast Queensland Australia my ceska Schmidt has three daughters, one child early in her years and the relationship didn't work and two myself and my sister in a marriage to my father Trevor Schmidt

My grandmother, Gloria havriluk nee Gibson and granddad Paul Havriluk although spent most of their time in Paddington Brisbane my grandma grew up a little bit in Gympie my grandfather was a war hero in world war 2 and fought in the Pacific war in townsville, Milne bay ,port Moresby and Bougainville 1939- 1945.

My great grandmother Anne Gibson daughter of Elizabeth Howden I'm still figuring out information about, but have found all the siblings attached up to Sarah Devlin so should be able to track where you got into my family.....I have done a bit of history search on ansestry that you can search the Schmidt trees as that will be my tree I have pictures stories and more not sure if I have many pictures regarding Elizabeth Howden and the one I was send the other day was a first I had seen that picture........if you have any questions I would try an answer them as best as I possibly can. If you are looking for an interesting read.......Roy cumstree trout or for that matter any of the trouts connect to put family are quite fascinating Richard trout, Daniel Dowling, Gympie abzuba trout, Gympie Dowling all people liveing in Gympie around the settlement of Gympie Australia Richard trout has lot of momorials in his momory at the James Nash state school, Gympie and Daniel Dowling were not only publican you will find some court cases on them were they served alcohol on a Sunday and Roy cumstree trout service was for world war 1 flying a box plain that crashed and Walter trout his father took Australia military to court for his sons death as he has only has 42 hours training before they sent him to war...........but the our family the Howdens/Gibson/trout line were the first people to settlers in Gympie if you wanted to continue your search Noosa archive, or Gympie archive might help or the Gympie gold museum, Gympie gold feild story, or even the Gympie gave yards are littered with our family members. But feel free to pop on to ansestry and have a look for the Schmidt trees
From dena