Author Topic: WYMER, Rev. Edward, Vicar of Westwick  (Read 6705 times)

Offline richard wymer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WYMER, Rev. Edward, Vicar of Westwick
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 03 October 20 05:52 BST (UK) »
I have a vast amount of information on the Rev Edward Wymer and his family and I would like to contact you. This is my first attempt of using rootschat

Offline cmillerhamilton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 03 October 20 18:58 BST (UK) »
Hello Richard,
Thank you for getting in touch!  I would love to see/hear/read anything you've got.
Cheri
Wymer, Whaites, Miller, Kearfott, Hamilton, Chinn, Dahl, Bobe, Brown, Muller

Offline richard wymer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 04 October 20 07:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Cheri,
I noticed your interest about three years ago but could not figure out how this rootschat works. I tried for about four hours yesterday and I seem to have got through. I am a first cousin of the Rev. Edward Wymer five generations removed, so that probably makes us fourth cousins or thereabouts. I have been doing a one name study of the various Wymer families from the U.K. & particularly Norfolk for the last forty or more years, concentrating on the male lines except when some interesting occurrences occur. Just to clarify where I fit in, I am a direct descendant of Francis William Wymer who was the brother of Edward Wymer`s father George Wymer attorney of Reepham. My interest in Charlotte Elizabeth Steel nee Wymer is what happened to her eldest daughter Florence Genevieve or Isabel?. did she go to Florida with the others and when did they go or how long were they there before the 1880 census. From your last posts I don`t know if you are aware that Charlotte married for a third time on the 30th. Jan 1868 at St Nicholas Brighton, Sussex, England to Marshall Unett Gretton Charlotte was a widow [Steel] and her father was Edward Wymer Occupation cleric in holy orders. Marshall was a bankrupt first in 1862 and again in 1866. He appears in the Hampshire Telegraph He did not appear at his bankruptcy hearing in London on Friday the 16th, of November so it was adjourned without appointing a day for another hearing
Given that he did not turn up it is possible that he did a runner to Brighton to evade creditors.
There is no sign of them in England after 1868. Possibly he went to America with Charlotte and died there, but Charlotte`s reversion to her previous married name of Steel may suggest she was trying to dissociate herself from him. Or possibly any money Charlotte had would become his after the marriage and if he ran through that she possibly left him. Neither of them appear anywhere in the
U.K. in the 1871 census, so my thoughts are at least Charlotte and her girls went to America prior to that census. As to what happened to Marshall there has been no trace of him in the U.K. so far.
The date of Charlottes birth of 11 Aug. is probably right as she was baptized on the 23rd. But the year on find a grave of 1840 is wrong, she was born in 1833
Also the Rev Edward Wymer was married twice. After the death of Elizabeth Whaites he married the governess of his children Elizabeth Stevenson Toll and had two more children Edward George Wymer 1846- 1863 who was an apprentice on the merchant ship Sunda and died at Hobson Bay Melbourne, Australia and is buried at Williamstown Cemetery, and a daughter Laura b&d 1848.
I have a fair amount of info. on the Berney, Varlo, Petre and Westall families and would be most interested to know if the painting of the lady that was discussed in some of your earlier posts was painted by Richard Westall as he was related through marriage to the Wymer family and was the art tutor to Princess Victoria

Offline richard wymer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Amelia Jane Rodgers nee Wymer
« Reply #21 on: Monday 05 October 20 05:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Richard SPC,
I noticed your post of some years ago to Stewart concerning Amelia Jane Wymer who married John Rodgers. I am doing a one name study on the Wymer family and have a great deal of information on the Wymer family but I am having trouble finding the details of her passing. Could you help me out.
I am a direct descendent of Francis William Wymer who was the brother of the Rev Edward Wymers father.
Yours Sincerely
Richard

Offline richard wymer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
John Berney Petre
« Reply #22 on: Monday 05 October 20 07:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Stewart,
I am doing a one name study on the Wymer family with connections to the Berney, Varlo and Petre
families and I have noticed your post with the portrait of Sussanah Childs and would like to know if it was painted by Richard Westall who was a Royal Acadamian and related via marriage to the Wymer
family.
Yours Sincerely
Richard

Offline Richard SPC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 12 October 20 16:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Richard, I am also related to Edward via Ameila. Amelia married Capt John Rodgers 1860. Had 4 kids. One sadly died young(Hugh). My gt grandfather Ernest Edward Whaites Rodgers.

I have been in touch with Cheri for some time now.

Are you UK based?

Regards

Richard
Rodgers, Wymer, Whaites,  Allen (Somerset), Lee (Chard area), Hayes, Adams, Silgram, Price

Offline richard wymer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 13 October 20 06:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Richard, I am a first cousin to Edward but five generations removed. Edwards father George of Reepham was the older brother to Francis William Wymer who was my ggg grandfather so we are probably 3rd. or 4th. cousins with a generation or so removed. I am based in Australia which makes research difficult and I have been doing a one name study on all of the Wymers from Norfolk and the rest of the UK for around the last 40 years off and on. I am always looking for items of interest to spice up my work which I plan to record in a book hopefully soon. I would be most interested in anything about John Rodgers. What I have at the moment was that he was born in Bombay with the date and his marriage to Amelia at Chelsea and he was in the 26th Regiment as a Captain.  I have nothing on his service life and Amelias death in 1911? or anything much on Amelias second husband Charles Woolley who was born abt 1830 married 1885 and died about 1900. I would be most gratefull for anything that you can help me with
and would be delighted to send anything you need on Edward Wymer and his family that I have,
My email address is      rwymer@hotmail.com

Kind regards
Richard

Offline Richard SPC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 13 October 20 08:24 BST (UK) »
Morning Richard,

Will dig out stuff I have and let you have it.

Richard
Rodgers, Wymer, Whaites,  Allen (Somerset), Lee (Chard area), Hayes, Adams, Silgram, Price

Offline richard wymer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 14 October 20 12:10 BST (UK) »
Thank you,
Looking forward to what you have.
Richard