Author Topic: WYMER, Rev. Edward, Vicar of Westwick  (Read 6725 times)

Offline Richard SPC

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WYMER, Rev. Edward, Vicar of Westwick
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 13 April 10 22:19 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

I have sent you an email on Facebook Cheri.

I too am related to Rev Wymer in that his daughter (Amelia Jane) married my Gt/Gt grandfather, Capt John Rodgers in March 1861. I have plenty of info relating to mainly the Rodgers side (of course) but also some re the Wymers.

I will have  a hunt through all my bits re the Wymers and re-post a few scans of photos.

Richard
Rodgers, Wymer, Whaites,  Allen (Somerset), Lee (Chard area), Hayes, Adams, Silgram, Price

Offline StewartA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 28 February 11 16:26 GMT (UK) »
I found your post while doing a search on my family tree. My gg grandfather is John Berney Petre his father Jack Petre my ggg grandfather is a Varlo and a name chame was  done to Petre. I have info posted on my website
Addley Petre Varlo Seymour

Offline cmillerhamilton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 28 February 11 20:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stewart,
Thanks for the reply.  I will take a look at your website.  I appreciate the info:)
Cheri
Wymer, Whaites, Miller, Kearfott, Hamilton, Chinn, Dahl, Bobe, Brown, Muller

Offline StewartA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 03 March 11 16:11 GMT (UK) »
Cheri
I have a copy of the will of my gg grandfather John Berney Petre (Dated Jan.7 1875) and the Wymer family is listed in the will. My gg grandfather left money.... Fifty Pounds to Helen Lichtenstein Widow one of the daughters of the said late Reverend Edward Wymer and to Amelia Jane Rodgers widow another of the daughters of the said late Reverend Edward Wymer the sum of Fifty Pounds

To the said Amelia Rodgers the annual sum of Fifteen Pounds-To my cousin Charlotte Varlo Wymer the anual sum of Ten Pounds-To my cousin John Wymer the annual sum of Ten Pounds

There is also a Codicil to the last will (Dated Jan 4 1887)to the said Amelia Jane Rodgers the sum  of One Hundred Pounds and also the annual sum of Twenty Pounds

The whole will is 37 pages my grandmother had this done back in the 1950's when she was looking into money from her father the Petre family had left to his mother.(the other women in John Berney Petre had children with)

I will also send email of the 2 pages I copied to your gmail

Offline cmillerhamilton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 03 March 11 20:08 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Stewart -
I didn't realize it but I have often seen at your website while searching at different times.  What a compelling scenario contained there, huh?  Wowza! 

Offline Richard SPC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 03 March 11 21:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stewart,

Very interesting info there. I am Amelia's gt/gt grandson so this is all very good to see.

The Helen you name is in fact Helen Louisa Wymer who married Isidor Lichtenstein, a Russian clergyman in 1869.

This internet lark has proved so useful over the past couple of years for me, but especially over the last 12 months as thanks to Facebook I am now in touch with a distant cousin, Cheri.

I do have some info regarding the Berney/Petre families so will dig it out and email it to you.

Richard
Rodgers, Wymer, Whaites,  Allen (Somerset), Lee (Chard area), Hayes, Adams, Silgram, Price

Offline StewartA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 03 March 11 22:40 GMT (UK) »
Would you like a copy of the will? I can scan it .

Offline cmillerhamilton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 03 March 11 22:42 GMT (UK) »
Lichtenstein took over the post at St. Botolph's Westwick (oops! mixed up the two parishes) Ingham Church as curate when Rev. Edward Wymer left it.  Close knit society, I think:)  Not like us... spanning a couple of continents...  three cheers for the information highway!

Offline StewartA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 03 March 11 23:27 GMT (UK) »
I have found enough proof John Beney Petre is my gg grandfather ..I have a copy of my great grandfathrs' BC naming him as the father and I also have a copy of the trustfund he setup for my gg grandmother to provide her and the children for the rest of thier lives.I was told in todays money it would be a about 1 million dollars year they would have to live on..I have included a picture of my gg grandmother ( She Looks Stunning) I just need to find one of my gg grandfather John Berney Petre