Author Topic: Woodland Park, Newport  (Read 19719 times)

Offline Papa1

• RootsChat Member
  • Waterford City Coat of Arms
    • View Profile
Re: Woodland Park, Newport
« Reply #27 on: Monday 22 August 11 14:42 BST (UK) »
Not certain Trevor.
You can try sending them through my email address or through my web site, the address is the same.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Newport's War Dead, Cwmbran's War Dead, Monmouthshire Warrior's, McGuire of Waterford City, Gillard of Churchstanton, north Devon, Morgan of Cwmbran, Waterford's War Dead

Offline Papa1

• RootsChat Member
  • Waterford City Coat of Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 22 August 11 20:22 BST (UK) »
Thanks Trevor for the photo's.
Both my wife and myself think that the photo of Edwin is of the same person that Terry Underwood sent me although taken many years apart.
I have taken another copy of Edwins photo out of the family photo and attached it here for comparison.
Other comments welcome.

Newport's War Dead, Cwmbran's War Dead, Monmouthshire Warrior's, McGuire of Waterford City, Gillard of Churchstanton, north Devon, Morgan of Cwmbran, Waterford's War Dead

Offline harvo

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 24 August 11 19:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Jules ,Sorry the Eveswell Street Bombing and my Gimlett Family took over your original question.
         There seem to have been several "substantial " Properties in Woodland Park ,several of them were auctioned and it appears the land attaching was used for the New Villas which ran both sides of Woodland Park Road,St James park Road and Wooler Park Road.
          Apart from the Auction of The Woodlands in 1880 already indicated ,there were sales1891,1894,1895and 1896 ,
         "Olive Mount"which was next door property to the Woodlands in Crescent Road
          "Pensbury"freehold detached occupied by Mrs Griffiths {almost on Christchurch Rd}
           "The Firs"freehold semi occupied by Alderman Edwards J.P.[Wooler Park Road]
            "Rougemont" semi occupied by A.H.Tapson Esq                 [Wooler Park Road]
            "Overstone Lodge " detached occupied by T.G.Jones Esq     [Opposite The Woodlands]
            " The Camp"          detached  occupied by V .Taylor            [in the park behind the new estate]
  In 1895 Woodland Park Estate 13 1/2 acres of Freehold Building Land was Auctioned [4 acres ofThe Woodlands House land had been auctioned in 1894 by Mr Berlyn]
        Evesway Park ?the following properties were also Auctioned "Mariquita"semi P.Dixon Esq,"Kenyon"semi Captain Treveal,"The lodge"detached  V.Trayes Esq
                The Woodlands House seems to have disappeared at this time as it is no longer on the plans of the new estate.
        1941 We know "Gearwood"Kensington Place,was deeper in the park until this date and was destroyed by bombs.
          Hope that helps with your search ,Good Hunting  Trevor

Offline sunny51

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 11 February 17 03:43 GMT (UK) »
If you are still looking for information re Woodland Park post then I have a file with pics I would be willing to send to you.
Pm to me your email if you'd like a copy.
I used to live nearby. We used to play in the park most days or walk through it to the bus.
Let me know. Thanks
Critchley, Morgan, Mogford, Marks, Price,  Pryce,Hammond, Lambert, (Davis) Lane and Thomas in Gloucestershire, Herefordshire and Somerset to South Wales.  Northover, Samways, Stevens, Clark, Ridge and Thornhill in Dorset