Author Topic: Duggans - Dublin  (Read 33420 times)

Offline Lisa Duggan l3

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Duggans - Dublin
« Reply #54 on: Friday 09 December 11 18:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi. This must indeed be your family. Delighted to hear from you I can send you a website that we use where you can see the family tree. Its Geni.com and its very clearly set out there. The letter from America to Mary Anne Guinness from her cousin is great to have. I have entered Roper into the web site searching for possible cousins so this is great. Would love to hear more information that you have and I of course will share any photos and information that I have. I have also been to Guinness archives and found our link with the Guinness family which is really great. My name is Lisa Duggan and I am a great grand daughter of Julia Keely. Great to hear from you and look forward to sharing more information. Lisa

Offline mmgeni

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Friday 09 December 11 20:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Lisa!  I’ve been tracing my Keely ancestors for years, and it’s a thrill to find this connection to Dublin.  I’m really interested to learn about the contents of the letter from Thomas Roper and the exact relation  to the Guinness family – as well as more about the Keely origins in Ireland.

I’ve done some research on Thomas Roper and his mother, Fanny Keely Roper, that I’d be happy to share.  I **think** that Fanny is the sister of Sylvester and Julia, but I haven’t been able to find definitive proof.  (I’ll look a little harder now!)

I look forward to seeing the tree on Geni and would be happy to add any of my own information.
Marianne

Offline Sevilled

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Friday 30 December 11 20:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi all

noticed from the family tree  on Geni that there is a death entry for Silvester j.Keeley
for 5th August 1881 age 51 . Posted by alicat
Does this record  still coincide with our american silvester j keeley

Seville,  Duggan, Wogan,Black, Whelan, O Toole, Shepherd, Doyle. Ryan

Offline mmgeni

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Saturday 31 December 11 14:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I'm descended from Sylvester Keely, and I have a record of his death in 1872 in New York.  Do you have any information on the 1881 record?  I'd like to double check it against my source.  Thanks and happy New Year!

Offline Alicat84

• RootsChat Extra
  • My grandma, Ann Duggan (nee Keating)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Saturday 31 December 11 14:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone, I have a copy at home, I will pull it out as soon as I can! Maybe there were two Silvesters!
Coyne (Dublin)
Donnelly (Dublin)
Duggan (Dublin and also Cork on another side of the family)
Higgins (Dublin)
Hyland (Dublin)
Keating (Cork)
Keely (Dublin)
Killackey (Tipperary)
Langstaff (married in Dublin but no idea where from originally)
Moriarty (Cavan but moved to Dublin at some stage)
Treacy (Tipperary)
Waters (Tipperary)

Offline Lisa Duggan l3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Thursday 19 January 12 23:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi all, Hope you are all enjoying the information that has come to light about the Keely family. To think of all they went through during 1848 failed rebellion.  To read about Thomas Matthew Halpin and his seven month narrative of imprisonment under the suspension act .  Its a really interesting account of life in an irish prison. That he married both Kate Keely and then her sister Maryanne is another interesting twist in the story. The fact that James Keely defended him and Kate gave evidence during his trial is well documented and very interesting to read.  For James Keely having to say goodbye to four of his children and his son in law when they left for America must have been heart breaking. To then take up the threads of their lives and follow what happened to them and the narrative of Sylvester during his time fighting in the American civil war has given a real insight into the type of people the Keelys were. I was also sad to read that James Keely died of cholera and his wife dropped dead in the street of heart failure. Finding the new american cousins and a branch of the Halpins in Wicklow is another branch of our story.

Offline arsenal 1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Sunday 08 July 12 09:53 BST (UK) »
hello i wonderd if i am related. my father was thomas duggan he was born 1937 i know his granmother was mary duggan and they lived st marys masions dublin i think .

Offline Alicat84

• RootsChat Extra
  • My grandma, Ann Duggan (nee Keating)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Sunday 08 July 12 13:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Arsenal!

I don't personally know of any Thomas Duggan born in that decade but it's possible that there could be a connection. Do you know his parents' names and ages? Or maybe his grandparents'?
Coyne (Dublin)
Donnelly (Dublin)
Duggan (Dublin and also Cork on another side of the family)
Higgins (Dublin)
Hyland (Dublin)
Keating (Cork)
Keely (Dublin)
Killackey (Tipperary)
Langstaff (married in Dublin but no idea where from originally)
Moriarty (Cavan but moved to Dublin at some stage)
Treacy (Tipperary)
Waters (Tipperary)

Offline arsenal 1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Monday 09 July 12 20:34 BST (UK) »
hi thanks for post.My fathers family is a bit of a mystery he was born 1935 thomas leo duggan.His mother was vanny duggan he did not know his father he was never told what happend to him.But his granmother whitch is vannys mother was called mary duggan. Mary duggan was the person who brought my father up her maiden name was powell. she married  james duggan when my dad lived in dublin he lived in st marys masion sean mcdermott street.He also had a half sister called margaret duggan i remenber her she lived in dublin all her life. THANKS