Author Topic: Duggans - Dublin  (Read 33414 times)

Offline Liam Doyle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Duggans - Dublin
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 16 January 11 18:13 GMT (UK) »
Dearest Ali, As yet I have not contacted Guinnesses ,but I have a copy of a certificate  from City Hall which reads:-
   I Hereby Certify that Edward Duggan of 46 Portland Row, in the City Of Dublin, Esquire, was admitted unto the liberties and franchises of the City of Dublin on the Fourth Day of August One Thousand Nine Hundred and Ten by right of grandbirth, being a Grandson of James Keely ,who was admitted a Freeman on The Twentieth Day of November, one thousand Eight Hundred and Fortyone
            Dated this 4th day of April, One Thousand Nine Hundred and Fourteen
                                                                          Henry Campbell
                                                                         Town Clerk of the City of Dublin 
  Edward Duggan No.on Freeman Roll 7978

I have a chart that mentions that James Keely,  1 Eustace Street Dublin , tailor, became a Freeman on account he was a grandson of Richard Guinness.
  NO.on Freeman Roll 798                                                                   
                                                             Sincerely yours
                                                                       Liam
Julia's grave number is VI262, She is buried with Edward and wife Elizabethand his daughter Elizabeth

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 16 January 11 18:27 GMT (UK) »
Pettigrew & Oulton's directory of 1840 shows :

James Keely, merchant tailor - 24 Eustace St

The address is shared with a artificial flower manufacturer named Mary Barnasconi. Michael Hanlon (also a tailor) is listed at number 1.

By 1848 (Thom's), James has moved :

James Keeley, tailor - 1 Eustace Street

At that time number 24 is listed as Barth. Hoverton, merch. tailor.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline LKenney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 02 August 11 19:03 BST (UK) »
Hi....I think my Duggan from Dublin is the same. It looks like I can attach an image or post a PDF showing the tree where it currently stands.  It would be much easier than explaining it all but my grandmother is from the seemingly same family.....Duggan - Portland Row - Keeley/Keely - McCarthy - Printer/Composter - Freemans Journal - Freeman of Dublin - Julia burried in Glasnevin, etc. If I can post a picture of the tree so far perhaps we can work out what pieces others have that I don't and together get the complete picture. That would be really exciting and I could then show to older relatives and see if more gaps can be filled in. No time to do it now but will give it a go. Also, how do I look at anything others have posted. I see messages with references to something seemingly being shared but cannot see any images just your message texts.

Cheers! L

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 02 August 11 19:11 BST (UK) »
You can view all the details that others have posted in this thread, but details shared by personal message are kept private between the sender and recipient(s). Note copyright images, and full certs are not allowed in posts.

You need a minimum of three posts to have full access to the PM system. See : http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Dublin Moderator
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Alicat84

• RootsChat Extra
  • My grandma, Ann Duggan (nee Keating)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 02 August 11 19:53 BST (UK) »
Hi....I think my Duggan from Dublin is the same. It looks like I can attach an image or post a PDF showing the tree where it currently stands.  It would be much easier than explaining it all but my grandmother is from the seemingly same family.....Duggan - Portland Row - Keeley/Keely - McCarthy - Printer/Composter - Freemans Journal - Freeman of Dublin - Julia burried in Glasnevin, etc. If I can post a picture of the tree so far perhaps we can work out what pieces others have that I don't and together get the complete picture. That would be really exciting and I could then show to older relatives and see if more gaps can be filled in. No time to do it now but will give it a go. Also, how do I look at anything others have posted. I see messages with references to something seemingly being shared but cannot see any images just your message texts.

Cheers! L

Hi L!

A few of us have our information and trees shared on Geni.com, but if we establish a connection here, we can add you in and you can see what we've got!  :)

If you want to post two more messages here, your Private messages will be activated and we can share some of the more private information that we're not allowed post, such as trees.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Ali
Coyne (Dublin)
Donnelly (Dublin)
Duggan (Dublin and also Cork on another side of the family)
Higgins (Dublin)
Hyland (Dublin)
Keating (Cork)
Keely (Dublin)
Killackey (Tipperary)
Langstaff (married in Dublin but no idea where from originally)
Moriarty (Cavan but moved to Dublin at some stage)
Treacy (Tipperary)
Waters (Tipperary)

Offline LKenney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 02 August 11 22:53 BST (UK) »
Great Thanks for the hints. Will post messages then see if I can put together some pieces.

Offline LKenney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 02 August 11 22:56 BST (UK) »
Looking forward to comparing our various trees.
L

Offline LKenney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 02 August 11 23:00 BST (UK) »
Not sure if I can see private messages yet...

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 02 August 11 23:02 BST (UK) »
you will not see Personal Messages until someone sends you one... which they couldn't do until a few minutes ago.

Have a look at the link on PMs above. They work a little bit like emails between RootChat members. You will get a notification by email when somebody sends you one, and also see a message at the top of the screen - e.g.  Welcome back, LKenney, you have 1 messages, 1 are new.

Dublin Moderator
My Surname Interests