Author Topic: The Beevers Family  (Read 8694 times)

Offline Enoch 01

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
The Beevers Family
« on: Sunday 18 April 10 13:26 BST (UK) »

Did some members of The Beevers Family who originate from the Parish of Kirkburton move to The Parish of Penistone some time during the 18th and 19th century?

From Elizabeth Beevers.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: The Beevers Family
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 April 10 14:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Elizabeth,
Welcome to Rootschat.
Do you have any names or dates of Birth for the people you are seeking?

I have found several Beevers, born Penistone in the 1881/1891/1901 Census but they are living elsewhere in Yorkshire.

The Parish of Kirkburton covers many Towns.
Do you have a specific Place they were from?

Rootschatters are very helpfull but a little extra info would help.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Enoch 01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 18 April 10 16:45 BST (UK) »

Hello Trish,
 I have lots of Names and Dates

I have traced my late Husbands direct line back to Joseph Beevers born about 1787 in Shepley  a village in the Parish of Kirkburton,He was a bachelor who married in Barnsley in !821 and he settled in Gawber with his Family until his death and burial in Gawber churchyard in 1867.

My late Husbands Father was called Benjamin Beevers, he was born about1870/71 in Barnsley, toward the end of the18th Century and the start of the 19th century he used to spend weekends with his relatives at Ingbirchworth in The Parish of Penistone, I do not know anything about this branch of the Beevers Tree.

Elizabeth Beevers.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 19 April 10 14:41 BST (UK) »
Sorry Elizabeth I have been unable to find any Beevers living in Ingbirchworth/Penistone in the 1901 Census.

If you just Google;
Beevers +Ingbirchworth
You will find quite a few refs you can work through and hopefully find some connection.
Here is one example

"Farming and its associated businesses have always played an important part of life in the village. In Kelly’s 1936 directory most of the entries for Ingbirchworth were of farmers: Sam Burdett (who also served as surveyor and sanitary inspector to Gunthwaite and Ingbirchworth Urban District Council); Mrs A.A.Hanson; Albert Kaye (Grange); George Knowles; Henry Knowles; Job Knowles (also collector for the Council); Charles Cyrus Laycock (Ivor Bank); Joe Lockwood; Luke Mosley (Spicer House); John Smith (Annat Royd) and Edwin Stafford. There was a wheelwright – John William Holmes – and a stonemason – Benjamin Beever. The Beevor family continued as Benjamin Beevor and Son (Builders) and Beevor Concrete into modern times"

Maybe they are still operating as a Business!

Cheers,
Trish :)

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Enoch 01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 19 April 10 16:28 BST (UK) »

Hello Trish,

Thanyou for your time and trouble you have been very kind,

Best Wshes
          Elizabeth.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 19 April 10 16:44 BST (UK) »
You are very welcome Elizabeth :)
The best thing about posting on sites like this is that out of the blue people find this and then contact you.
It often happens on here.

Trish

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 21 April 10 08:59 BST (UK) »
I went to 192.com and put in
Beever
Penistone
20 results with their phone nunbers......so there`s still a heap of Beevers there......they have been busy Beavers haven`t they ?.....lol......allan :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Enoch 01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 21 April 10 09:47 BST (UK) »

Hello Alan.

Thankyou for the information.

Elizabeth.

Offline delphij

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 07 October 10 07:04 BST (UK) »
Hello Elizabeth,

I was very interested and excited to read your thread about the Beevers family (Benjamin Beevers) as he is a relative of mine and I am currently trying to construct the Beevers Family Tree (which is proving difficult being so far away!!!).

I would be most interested in catching up (on email) to exchange information.  I am not sure if you have a copy of this, but I have a photo of Benjamin and Dora (nee Loft) Beevers' wedding  photo that I would love to send to you.

I look forward to hearing from you soon, hopefullly  :D