Author Topic: ++ COMPLETED ++ McLEOD - Lochbroom  (Read 28315 times)

Offline colkitto

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McLEOD - Lochbroom
« Reply #54 on: Saturday 12 June 10 08:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Again

I should also say that Jessie had an illegitmate daughter called Kate Mclean (b1870) who also dissapears do you know anything of this?

best wishes

Andrew Macdonald

Offline houston

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: McLEOD - Lochbroom
« Reply #55 on: Saturday 12 June 10 12:46 BST (UK) »
Hi there Andrew, (funnily my suburb is St Andrews)
This is wonderful news and I would love all the information you can send me.  I have been dwelling on her origins for the last couple of days and sorry I dont know anything about a Kate McLean (could she be Kate McLean MacDonald???) dear say with more hunting her descendants will pop up.
How absolutely wonderful that someone is living in the same house - I find this incredible. Please say Hello and regards to your Uncle for me.
On my Post 26 April you will see the family names John, Neill, Ronald McDonald etc., these 3 being born in Scotland and the rest as I understand being born in NZ. Jessie dying in NZ not Scotland though dont know where buried - William buried less than 100miles from where I am - Ronald McDonald is my grand-dad and my Dad and eldest brother had the same name though all desceased.
Annabelle was Williams sister and I have family line on them if you would like.
I am fairly new at this so guess you may have to send any info privately to my email -not sure myself how to do that.
Kind Regards
Marion

McLeod. Western Isles Scotland
Macdonald. Western Isles Scotland
Talbot. Norfolk,  England
Webb. Thaxted Essex
Westh. Knudsker, Denmark
Gillham,Gilham Kent England
Monk, Kent England

Offline MEGSLA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: ++ COMPLETED ++ McLEOD - Lochbroom
« Reply #56 on: Monday 07 May 12 10:17 BST (UK) »
hi houston
i read with interest your search re william mcleod  .william was also my g g father and he did indeed bring 5 sons to NZ i have all there birthdates etc and i think the ship they came on william  re married to Jessie Cummings and I am a descendant of the second family I am not currently at home but have lots of data re the family but i see on the thread that you and gadget have found more data re john and flora his parents .i am still trying to find jessie cummings family in scotland 

Offline houston

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Sunday 27 May 12 22:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Megsla
Thank you for adding to the thread re our family.  Haven't looked at the site for some time and 'colkitto' alerted me to your post so thanks to him.
I would be interested in comparing notes and if you are happy to when convenient you can contact me by email by clicking on my little green icon on left of screen
I would love to have copies of the certificates you have and nice to hear someone else is looking for the Jessie Cummings link.
Look forward to hearing from you
Kind Regards
Houston
McLeod. Western Isles Scotland
Macdonald. Western Isles Scotland
Talbot. Norfolk,  England
Webb. Thaxted Essex
Westh. Knudsker, Denmark
Gillham,Gilham Kent England
Monk, Kent England

Offline MEGSLA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Monday 28 May 12 07:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Houston
great to have made contact and would love to compare notes with you. i am new to this site so not sure what you mean by green icon so i can send you an email . I am travelling at the moment but as soon as I get home again I will sort thru my screeds of papers,notes and certificates re the family.Two of williams g daughters are still alive ,one of them being a great historian.
     Looking forward to further contact
  Megsla