Author Topic: Letitia NOYES  (Read 6847 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Letitia NOYES
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 28 April 10 07:44 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

Transcript agents can send you the document/s as email attachments, and so I order these as pdf files.  I have found all three agents are reliable and prompt.   Yesterday I placed an order with one of them and I have received confirmation email and expect to receive the transcript within two weeks. 

Re Silas SNR's certificate ...  Up until about 1856 ish, there was no civil registration, so the NSWBDM certificates are based on their holdings of Parish Quarterly Returns.  Thus the Early Church Records (all start with "V" on the online index) should be read as thoough Births are in fact B for Baptisms, and Deaths are B for Burials. 

I think Judith's suggestion would be sensible to order, its 1862, so it may have "years in the colony", but I would also think about ordering (speculative guesswork though) the 1880 one for Elizabeth RICHARDS, dau of Julius M and Letitia, registered at Maitland (death 7723/1880)  "Julius v Silas" and with Letitia for her mother !I know for certain that those in the 1880's do have responses for the question "how long in the colonies" whereas many of the 1860's don't...   Oops, re speculative guesswork ... I'm noting that in an 1848 an Elizabeth NOYES married a John RICHARDS in a Presbyterian service, ref V1848546 78/1848

The death cert for Letitia may also have the length of time in colony.  I expect you are aware that a transcription is much cheaper and quicker than ordering from NSW BMDs.  You can also ask for part of the certficate if you are just wanting that information.  Have given the reg number for you.

1862  Letitia BARKER  72 died COOMA #3435

Judith
Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 28 April 10 09:13 BST (UK) »
AVRI index shows these marriages of Elizabeth, Hannah & Silas jnr:

NOYES, Elizabeth m. RICHARDS, John         
Index Year: 1848
Reg Year:   1848   
Reg State: New South Wales
Ref Number: V1848546 78   
Parish: Butterwick; Hinton; Middlehope; Seaham, Presbyterian

NOYES, Hannah m. ROSSWELL, William         
Index Year: 1846
Reg Year:   1846   
Ref Number: V1846504 31C   
Parish: Black Creek, Bulwarra; Clifden; Hinton; Morpeth; Maitland; Hunter., Church of England

NOYES, Silas m. BUTLER, Ellen         
Index Year: 1841
Reg Year:   1841   
Ref Number: V1841560 25C
Parish: Black Creek, Bulwarra; Clifden; Hinton; Morpeth; Maitland; Hunter., Church of England

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 28 April 10 09:16 BST (UK) »
Some thoughts

NSW BDM marriage 1846 (V1846504 31C/1846) Hannah Noyes to William Rosswell, and there's an extracted IGI showing this would be 24 MAR 1846   (Oops, duplicating this bit, Merlin has been busy too  ;) )

So I had a look at a SUBMITTED IGI (yes, I know, not to be relied on, but sometimes there's clues!) for Hannah Noyes  :D  and I spotted  on the ONE submission:
Christening: 02 MAR 1834 Newbury, Berkshire, England
Death: 05 MAR 1858 Yackandandah, Victoria, Australia
Burial: 06 MAR 1858 Yackandandah, Victoria, Australia

I am unsure what you would expect to find on a record from Victoria for 1858, although I think Vic certificates have lots and lots of info,
here's the link to what's on the Vic records
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,373754.0.html
http://www.jaunay.com/bdm.html

here's the link to the BDM for Vic, where I think you can pay online and download immediately...

https://online.justice.vic.gov.au/bdm/index-search?action=getHistIdxSearchCriteria 

Fingers crossed  ;)

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 28 April 10 09:30 BST (UK) »
Hannah's death from VIC index:

ROTHWELL Hannah age 28yrs d. 1858 #8810X1880
Father: Noyse Charles
Mother: Letitia U

Offline Dawson Tree

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 26 March 11 09:20 GMT (UK) »
As a direct descendant of Silas & Letitia Noyes. Here are some clues for you:1. Letitia Noyes (nee Partridge) Born 1793 at farnsborough, Berkshire. Christened May 5 1793 at Newbury, Berkshire. Died April 4 1862 in Snowy River Cooma N.S.W. On 24.7.1835 she wrote a letter to Viscount Brisbane in an attempt to speed up her attempt to join Silas in  "Dagwood Farm", Maitland, N.S.W Silas died on 22nd February, 1848 in Petersham, N.S.W & Letitia remarried John Baker on 19.2.1852. Silas was tried in 1831 for stealing brass & sentanced to 7 years in Australia. Transported 1831 on the "Georgiana" & sent to Maitland to work for T.V. Bloomfield.
He was given a ticket of leave 1835 & certificate of freedom 1839. Their daughter was my ancestor (direct line to my grandmother). Hope this helps.

Offline dmonaghan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 27 January 18 13:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,
I know this is all after the fact, but I am also looking for  records to show when Letitia and her children arrived and I can not locate them.  I did, however, find George Noyes (her son) arriving in 1844 on the 'Neptune' at the age of 29 -  his record lists parents as Letitia and Silas both alive (it does not strictly say she is in the Colony but one assumes this as they are both mentioned together)  If anyone sees this post and has any further info, I would be grateful to receive it as well. Deborah