Author Topic: 1861 Mold, Arddunwent DAVIES CLOSED! With thanks.  (Read 3766 times)

Offline MissM

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 Mold, Arddunwent DAVIES
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 29 April 10 22:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Heather

This cousin just gives us little snippets now and again when she has time, and sadly they don't include the siblings names.

We've had a few 'bum steers' along the way but we're feeling a lot more positive no
I will post their wedding on the board and see if anyone can help to confirm anything and I'll let the cousin know everything in case she feels like another trip into Rhuthin!

Thanks again,

Lynne
MONEYPENNY (Liverpool/N Ireland/Scotland)
CRETNEY (Isle of Man)
KIDD (N Ireland)
DAVIES ( Denbighshire, N Wales)
ROBERTS (Liverpool)
WHITE (Liverpool)
Local History website - www.spekeliverpool.co.uk

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 Mold, Arddunwent DAVIES
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 29 April 10 22:57 BST (UK) »
Hello, Mold marriage April 13 1849.
Thomas Davies. full age. bachelor. labourer. llanferres. father, Robert. Occ, farmer
Harriet Davies. full age. spinster. Afonwen? father. Thomas. Publican.
Witnesses. William Lloyd & Elizabeth Mathews.

Llanychan baptisms. Children of Thomas & Jane Davies Tyn y Coed. Occ, Farmer.
Feb 1 1812. Elizabeth.
Dec 31 1813. David.
Dec 1 1817. Jane.
April 20 1820. Sarah.
May 22 1824. Ann.
I didn't see a Harriet :( I'll have another look :)

H could be on the right track with her Llandyrnog marriage.

Llandyrnog Dec 9 1809.
Thomas Davies. Abode, Llangynhafal.
Jane Williams(x). Of This Parish.
Witnesses. Robert Jones(x) & Mary Williams(x)
(x)=didn't sign made mark.

Paul.

Offline MissM

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 Mold, Arddunwent DAVIES CLOSED! With thanks.
« Reply #11 on: Friday 30 April 10 19:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul,

This is fantastic information!  Having Sarah and David almost certainly from the same parents has convinced me I'm looking at the same Sarah in the Rainbow Inn as the one in 1851 in Tyn y Coed. The DOB/Bap dates certainly seem suspiciously close!

Thank you Paul for all your work on this.  I think you have helped me before in other parts of the family tree and I'm very grateful for all your efforts.

Lynne

CRETNEY (Isle of Man)
KIDD (N Ireland)
ROBERTS (Liverpool)
WHITE (Liverpool)

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 30 April 10 22:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul,

This is fantastic information!  Having Sarah and David almost certainly from the same parents has convinced me I'm looking at the same Sarah in the Rainbow Inn as the one in 1851 in Tyn y Coed. The DOB/Bap dates certainly seem suspiciously close!

Thank you Paul for all your work on this.  I think you have helped me before in other parts of the family tree and I'm very grateful for all your efforts.

Lynne

The missing link :D  Llanychan baptism.

Feb 2 1827. Harriet d/o Thomas & Jane Davies. Tyn y Coed. Fathers Occ, Farmer :)

Paul.

Offline MissM

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 30 April 10 23:22 BST (UK) »
Paul - that's brilliant!!!   ;D The final piece of the jigsaw!  Thank you so much for searching this out for us!

My father in law, David (Davies obviously!) is 85 now and as a 16 year old would cycle (yes, cycle...) from Garston in Liverpool with his best mate on a Friday night after work to camp at Loggerheads for the weekend.  They liked to go in the Rainbow for a pint or two while there!

Once when they went in a policeman came in and tried to make Dave leave because he looked a lot younger than he was but the owner came through and said if Dave left the policeman could go too and then took the officer through to the back for a swift half!

Dave has holidayed near Cyffylliog for many years and passed the Rainbow Inn almost every weekend for 50 odd years so he is thrilled to learn of this link and has asked me to sincerely thank you for your hard work.  He can't believe you would do all this for him for free!

If you're ever in the Rainbow and notice a little, blond, scouse fellow called Dave who doesn't look 85, get him to buy you a pint!   :D

Best wishes,

Lynne

PS  Just for the record our David above was born in 1925 in Liverpool is the son of Alfred (and Emily Rose Smith) b 1880 in Liverpool, the son of Evan (and Elizabeth Wright) b 1848 Mold, the son of David (and Eliza) b 1814 in Llanychan who was the son of Thomas (and Jane Williams) b 1784 in Llanbedr!
CRETNEY (Isle of Man)
KIDD (N Ireland)
ROBERTS (Liverpool)
WHITE (Liverpool)

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 01 May 10 00:08 BST (UK) »
A good result Lynne :)

To tell the truth, hiraeth pointed me in the right direction. I just look in the parish records when I'm in the archives  :-[

Paul.

Offline hiraeth

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 01 May 10 01:15 BST (UK) »
Now don't be modest Paul.   You are the one who does all the real work  :)

Lynne - David Rowe from the Mold Civic Society has written a book called Flintshire Pubs & Breweries, published by the History Press published in June 2009.  I wonder if there is anything in there re the Rainbow?   It's for sale through various online sites.

Heather
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MissM

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 01 May 10 01:32 BST (UK) »
Thank you too Heather for your contributions!  My family is delighted - not just by getting the information which was great, but finding a link to the Rainbow Inn was the icing on the cake!

I will have a look online for the David Rowe book.  Dave's family seem to have lived in quite a few pubs around the area!!!   ;D

Best wishes,

Lynne
CRETNEY (Isle of Man)
KIDD (N Ireland)
ROBERTS (Liverpool)
WHITE (Liverpool)