Author Topic: Phillip De Villeforte  (Read 2472 times)

Offline 68seashell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Phillip De Villeforte
« on: Friday 30 April 10 16:15 BST (UK) »
Please can anyone help by looking to see if there are any records for Phillip De Villeforte  born approx 1907 (Aeronautical engineer)???  His father George De Villeforte (farmer), not sure location of birth.

All help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Michelle De Villeforte

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Phillip De Villeforte
« Reply #1 on: Friday 30 April 10 16:31 BST (UK) »
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline 68seashell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 30 April 10 16:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Thank you for your reply

I am the living relative i believe mentioned in the thread.  I am trying to trace my family history but to no avail.  Although i have documents to prove that my grandmother and grandfather were married etc, i am now starting to wonder who he was or where he was from, i knew it would possibly be a can of worms once opened, but not even that as the name does not appear to really exist.  The question is where does my heritage & surname come from?????

Hence why i am now tryng to see if he existed any where else other than Canada, which is where i believed he came from as i was told he is french canadian.

Any help advice or suggestions would be greatly received!!!
Regards

Michelle De Villeforte

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 01 May 10 17:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Michelle,

I see in the other you've got the marriage certificate-- who were the witnesses? We might be able to trace them more easily (maybe some people he worked with?).

Given his occupation you might want to look into RAF Burtonwood?
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline 68seashell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 02 May 10 04:34 BST (UK) »
Thank-you for your reply.

The people who witnessed the wedding was my Grandmothers sister Elsie Haddy (Great Aunt) & husband also Haddy (Great Uncle), so not much luck on that front. 

It was suggested by someone else as my Grandfather was listed as aerounatical engineer, that he could of possibly have worked at Speake Airport as that was big plane production site for the war effort.  However not sure how to go about locating any of their work records as it no longer exists.

I vaguely remember seeing his name as passenger on board a ship at the Albert Dock, but for the life of me can't remember the name of the ship or where it sailed to.  Tried to contact them but to no avail either. 

Ho Hum cest la vie.  Not sure what to do or where to go from here, as in the other post it was questioned whether or not he could have possibly changed his name, which now starts to make me wonder, but for what reasons?????

Again thank you for your reply, i will try to remain positive & hopefully come up with a bit more information as i chip away what little facts i do have to hand>

Regards

Michelle

Online Erato

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Old Powder House, 1703
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 02 May 10 05:01 BST (UK) »
On the theory that he might have ‘reorganized’ his name, I did look for him and his father in the US under such surnames as Ville, de Ville, Forteville, Forte, Fort, etc.   Sorry, no luck.
Wiltshire:  Banks, Taylor
Somerset:  Duddridge, Richards, Barnard, Pillinger
Gloucestershire:  Barnard, Marsh, Crossman
Bristol:  Banks, Duddridge, Barnard
Down:  Ennis, McGee
Wicklow:  Chapman, Pepper
Wigtownshire:  Logan, Conning
Wisconsin:  Ennis, Chapman, Logan, Ware
Maine:  Ware, Mitchell, Tarr, Davis