Author Topic: Chapel of Garioch, Burial Lookup  (Read 4159 times)

Offline lovey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Chapel of Garioch, Burial Lookup
« on: Saturday 01 May 10 08:02 BST (UK) »
 I have just returned from visiting Moray, but I couldnt find,  Isabella Ann Dawson in the Chapel of Garioch Headstone  228 and  Ian Milne 280, which is located behind I A Dawson,  If anyone is passing by and could have a look and maybe a piccie as well that would be very much appreciated. Many thanks
Godleman, Dawson, Bennett, Grant, Black, Guild, Hobday,Kelly

Offline fsmc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Chapel of Garioch, Burial Lookup
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 22 May 10 10:14 BST (UK) »
Hi, I had a look in Chapel of Garioch yesterday, but unfortunately, couldn't find the graves.  Quite a few of them were difficult to read.  Do you have any kind of map of the layout?  Also, you might be best putting this on the Aberdeenshire board, as Chapel of Garioch is in Aberdeenshire, not Moray.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 29 May 10 17:12 BST (UK) »
Lovey, where did you get the numbers 228 and 280 from? There are various sources of gravestone inscriptions, and they don't all use the same numbering scheme. So the numbers in, for instance, Moray Council's LIBINDX database are not the same as the numbers on the booklets published by the Aberdeen and North-East Scotland Family History Society. So you need to say where you got them from if you are asking people to go and look for them.

Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Forguette

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 23 August 10 16:33 BST (UK) »
Hello,

228:
John Nichol, d:20 Jan 1887 85yr, Greeninches Premany.
wife Isabella Dawson d: 6 Jan 1881 53yrs.

Can't locate a 280 nor an Ian Milne.

Forguette

Offline Hazelh70

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 10 March 17 08:20 GMT (UK) »
Ann Isabella Guild (nee Dawson) is my grandmother. She is buried in Knockando Churchyard. I'm trying to attach a pic of gravestone but it won't let me x