Author Topic: Lairs and graves in Selkirk, Brierylaw - completed.  (Read 10756 times)

Offline Chaltis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Lairs and graves in Selkirk, Brierylaw - completed.
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 02 February 13 15:03 GMT (UK) »
The relevant gravestone is (as above):

Stone 980 for Margaret Orr 1909, James Orr 1924, Elizabeth Orr (born Elizabeth Chisholm) 1926.

Inscription on the stone is : In memory of JAMES ORR 1845-1924 and his wife BETSY CHISHOLM 1846-1926 and their daughter JANET 1879-1882 MARGARET KENNEDY 1875-1909.

James Orr was Agnes Orr's (wife of William Brunton) brother.
Lockie, Orr, Edgar, Chisholm, Scott, Fairbairn, Kennedy, Blackhall, Dobson, Stuart, Crosbie, Shiels, Mercer, Emond, Dunlop, Burden, Giles

Offline Chaltis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 02 February 13 15:08 GMT (UK) »
I list Shiels because Janet (Jessie) Shiels (b. 24 Aug 1807) is in my ancestor tree married to William Scott (b. 2 May 1806).
Lockie, Orr, Edgar, Chisholm, Scott, Fairbairn, Kennedy, Blackhall, Dobson, Stuart, Crosbie, Shiels, Mercer, Emond, Dunlop, Burden, Giles

Offline alan14578

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 03 February 13 21:11 GMT (UK) »
Chaltis  For you information Brierylaw was transcribed by the Selkirkshire Antiquarian Society not the Borders Family History .Unfortunately lair maps and headstones never rarely come together and seem to move all over the place. i made an original map of the headstones and sections as we found them when transcribing but BFHS decided to make their own digital map instead! In the cemetery next door I did use lair maps to help out. Anyway i have the lair map and attach the piece you are looking for.   

turnbull- Scottish Borders ,Caithness and East Lothian
waddell-roxburghshire
foord/ford -perthshire and borders
crosbie-scot borders
galloway-scot borders

Offline Chaltis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 04 February 13 07:29 GMT (UK) »
Thanks very much Alan.

Chaltis