Author Topic: Nicholls family arrivalls May 1957  (Read 1685 times)

Offline yorkshire lad

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Nicholls family arrivalls May 1957
« on: Sunday 09 May 10 07:55 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I am researching my family history and have been stuck on this family for some time. However, I think I have made a breakthrough.
Margaret (Hyrrell) Nicholls born 16 May 1932 in Huddersfield, England, and her two daughters Linda (Margaret) Nicholls born 1 October 1949 in Huddersfield, England, and Lois (Anne) Nicholls born 12 July 1955 in Huddersfield, England.
They left Liverpool England 29 May 1957 on board Saxonia, for Montreal Canada. Family stories say they died in some sort of accident, ie car crash etc, deffinately before 1979. Margarets husband was called Geoffrey Thomas Nicholls, born 30 January 1927 in Huddersfield England, so he may have travelled earlier or later.
Absolutely any help or info would be greatly appreciated, such as death dates, passenger lists, obituaries etc etc,
Thanks,
Yorkshire Lad.
CARTER, BURNS, BYRNES, UTTLEY, HULLAND, CHAPMAN, FAHEY,

Offline Nettopsey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Nicholls family arrivalls May 1957
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 09 May 10 15:10 BST (UK) »
If they were living in Montreal at the time of their deaths, you might try Google News Archive search.  Go to http://news.google.com/archivesearch/advanced_search and type Montreal into the Source line, and whatever other search terms might work for you on other lines.  If you just type Montreal as the source it will give you all issues of the Montreal Gazette currently in the archive.  They have about 65% coverage between 1960 and 1979

James
Halls, Devon England, Middlesex/Huron Ontario Canada,