Author Topic: Joseph Greenwood  (Read 9169 times)

Offline lynda c

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Greenwood
« Reply #9 on: Monday 10 May 10 18:47 BST (UK) »
Thanks again for looking I have been o the library today and found the same names , things are looking up
Regards Lynda

Offline GLITTER123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 19 September 10 17:30 BST (UK) »
HI,
 I HAVE THE DEATH CERTIFICATES FOR JOSEPH  AND ISABELLA GREENWOOD.
JOSEPH DIED 05 JAN 1909 AT KELVIN, GLASGOW AND ISABELLA GREENWOOD, NEE BAR 19.09.1908.
 JOSEPH'S PARENTS ARE REGISTERED AS THOMAS, OCCUPATION -WEAVER, AND SARAH ELLIOT.

THEIR SON THOMAS GREENWOOD WHO MARRIED AGNES WOODBURN IN 1875 ALSO HAD AN ILLEGITIMATE SON WILLIAM PATERSON GREENWOOD BORN 1876.
IF ANYONE HAS ANY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT JOSEPH AND ISABELLA, I'D BE VERY GRATEFUL. 
I NOTE THAT THEY WERE BORN IN IRELAND BUT DON'T KNOW WHERE OR WHEN. THANKS.

Offline lynda c

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 20 September 10 13:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Glitter 123 , I am now totally lost I have just looked at My Isabelle's wedding cert she was married in 1909 to Edward Johnston Conniss, her parents on the cert are John Greenwood coal miner and Agnes's who had remarried by 1909 but I am unable to read her new name on the certificate. Sorry if I have missled anyone and waisted anyones time I can only say that when I get any information i get a little over excited as this side of the family are very difficult to find .
  Lynda

Offline GLITTER123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 21 September 10 22:16 BST (UK) »
HIYA LYNDA,
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!  IT'S SO EASY TO BE HUNTING FOR AGES AND THEN SOMETHING JUMPS OUT AT YOU.

I KNOW JOSEPH AND ISABELLA DEFINITELY HAD A CHILD NAMED ISABELLA BARR.  COULD IT BE THAT THE FATHER ON HER MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE IS INCORRECT.  MAYBE JOSEPH WAS KNOWN AS JOHN TOO?  WHAT ARE THE PARENT'S NAMES ON HER DEATH CERTIFICATE?
JOSEPH AND ISABELLA ARE MY GR,GR,GR GRANDPARENTS SO IF YOU FIND ANYTHING OUT, I'D BE INTERESTED TO HEAR!!
GOOD LUCK!!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 21 September 10 23:04 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat, Glitter. This family does seem to be a bit difficult to sort out even with the certifiates that you already have found. What about the 1901 census- does that help clarify anything? If not, perhaps 1911 census will when it's released.
Meanwhile, you probably don't realise this but typing messages all in capitals is considered shouting so we try to avoid doing it.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline GLITTER123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 22 September 10 07:27 BST (UK) »
hi,
thanks for that. will check 1911 census when it comes out.  And thanks for letting me know about capitals!!  First time using internet!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 22 September 10 07:33 BST (UK) »
That's okay- you are doing well if you've just started looking for information online.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline lynda c

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 22 September 10 13:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Glitter 123 .You may be wright about his name. I do not have my Isabella's birth or death cert (she belongs to my husbands side of the family) . Isabella and ? Joseph are my Husbands Grt Grandparents I have the names of all Isabella's Barr and Edward Johnstone Conniss children if you are looking at all the family, if you would like them let me know.Which child of Joseph and Isabella's  do you come from, this side of the family is proving difficult to find I have an idea that originally they came from Ireland, I keep chipping away and hope I will eventually find them .
At this side of the family there is not a lot of information available Isabella and Edward did not talk much about their family so this adds to the difficulty, you are the first person I have met who could be related to my Husband thing could get exciting but i will keep myself in check until it can be proven .
Lynda

Offline GLITTER123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 06 October 10 22:48 BST (UK) »
sorry for late reply -was on holiday.
very exciting!
i'm from joseph and isabella's son thomas line. i know joseph and isabella had a daughter named isabella.  did thomas and agnes have one too named isabella barr?