Author Topic: Kinsett/Kensett & Rhodes of Shipley Parish  (Read 11150 times)

Offline OneBigFamily

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kinsett/Kensett & Rhodes of Shipley Parish
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 12 May 10 23:13 BST (UK) »
Having trouble finding any Jane and Charles Dalrymple in the 1890 / 1901 UK censuses - did they have any children? 

Sorry just added this bit: - meant to say cannot find them in England censuses - but have now just looked at Scotland 1901 census and your Charles (born abt 1842 in Gatehouse, Kirkcudbrightsh) appears to be living in Scotland in Gatehouse in Kirkcudbrightshire with wife Jane (born in england abt 1851), with their daughter Agnes born abt 1881 in England.  That helps with the timeframe.
Dancy Dancey Crowter Binney Outred Cowdry Bowmer Kensett Alderton Akers Killick

Offline OneBigFamily

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 12 May 10 23:30 BST (UK) »
Searching now for this couple they are found in 1881 in Manchester, Lancashire, but Jane K Dalrymple, wife of Charles, is shown as being born in Scotland.
(Class: RG11; Piece: 3926; Folio: 77)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 13 May 10 00:24 BST (UK) »
Searching now for this couple they are found in 1881 in Manchester, Lancashire, but Jane K Dalrymple, wife of Charles, is shown as being born in Scotland.
(Class: RG11; Piece: 3926; Folio: 77)

but have now just looked at Scotland 1901 census and your Charles (born abt 1842 in Gatehouse, Kirkcudbrightsh) appears to be living in Scotland in Gatehouse in Kirkcudbrightshire with wife Jane (born in england abt 1851),

You have the wrong entries - please see the 1871 details I posted above - Jane was only born in 1863  - the 1881 entry was born 1842
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline OneBigFamily

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 13 May 10 07:30 BST (UK) »
Sorry Carole,

But I had seen this entry on Ancestry trees:

Charles Mcclure Dalrymple :
Birth 13/06/1841 in Girthon, Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland
Death 1919 in Girthon, Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland, United Kingdom

- which married up with a wife Janet in the 1881 census details in Manchester and 1901 census details. 

Please forgive me for being slightly confused but no information has been provided about Charles other than simply his name.

Offline OneBigFamily

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 13 May 10 07:46 BST (UK) »
London, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906
Jennet Kensett Dalrymple was baptised in St Pancras Parish Church in the borough of Camden in county of Middlesex on 25th April 1878 as daughter of Charles Dalrymple, a Forrester, and Jane Dalrymple of 28 Seymour Street.  D.o.b. shown as March 19th 1878.
(source LMA baptisms for Saint Pancras Parish Church).

Looks like this person Jennet was the daughter of a Charles Dalrymple and a Jane whose maiden-name could possibly have been Kensett.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 13 May 10 11:34 BST (UK) »
Looking for any info. on Philip Kinsett who married Jane Rhodes together with info. on the marriage date of their daughter Jane to Charles McClure Dalrymple, possibly circa 1880.

I think Solway needs to clarify the two generations here and tell us what other info he has re: birthyears/locations etc

Your find would certainly seem to fit  - particularly as Jennett has Kensett as a middle name

What doesn't fit is the Jane b Sussex 1863 being her mother 
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Solway

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 13 May 10 21:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Carole W & One Big Family,
First off,  let me thank you for your kind assistance and time spent on my query and apologies for providing insufficient info. for you to work on.
From the info. supplied by you,  I can now delve into the sparse notes I have to narrow things down and I hope both of you may be prepared to take this up again for me when I am a bit clearer on things,  particularly dates.
Meantime, sincere thanks again.
Henry. Dalrymple. Ross. Rogerson. Bruty. Clark.

Offline Solway

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 15 May 10 23:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Carole & O.B.F.,
Some further info.
I have a headstone inscription in Gatehouse of Fleet, Scotland, giving the death of Jane Kensitt (sic) as 23 March, 1928, aged 86 and Charles McClure Dalrymple as 21 Feb., 1919, aged 78.  The year of birth for both of them, therefore, being c 1841.
As far as I am aware, Jane was born in Sussex and Charles in Gatehouse, Scotland.

Carol:  In your posting on the 1841 census, is it possible that another Philip, a son of Philip snr. and husband of Jane (30), may just have been absent at the time of the census and that Jane (wife of Chas.D.?) was born later in 1841 and therefore may appear in the 1851 census?

O.B.F.:  In your Scotland 1901 census posting, this is definitely Charles, Jane and daughter, Agnes, whom I didn't know was born in England!   Agnes died 1963, aged 82, and had the middle name of Bertha per a headstone inscription.

Carol:  In your 1871 census posting, there is a Bertha and this may have been a niece with Agnes having been given her name as a second name?

O.B.F.:  You have undoubtedly hit on a sister of Agnes in Jennet Kensett Dalrymple as Chas. was a forester at one time! She was totally unknown to me.

It is odd that there appears to be no entry for a marriage of Charles and Jane but hopefully this may turn-up. One thing that has came to light, however, is the fact that this is pre the birth of Jennet in March, 1878!

All-in-all, I am delighted with the progress you have both made for me and I feel I am now "getting there". No doubt you will have realised that I am not at all familiar with the procedures on finding my way around the various sites which could assist with my researches! However, the tips on sites you have mentioned will assist me in this.
I do hope that the above makes some sense to you and many thanks again for your time, patience and interest.
Kind regards.

Henry. Dalrymple. Ross. Rogerson. Bruty. Clark.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 15 May 10 23:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Solway

Where did you get the info from that Jane's father was called Philip?  Was it from her death cert