Author Topic: colcombe  (Read 17089 times)

Offline Sammy-Jo Janes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: colcombe
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 25 September 14 15:21 BST (UK) »
hi im researching the colcombe family from mountain ash for my friend whos dad royston edwin colcombe was born in mountain ash. I wonder if any help could be given? thanks in advance.

Sam

Offline glengc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 25 September 14 16:43 BST (UK) »
hi im researching the colcombe family from mountain ash for my friend whos dad royston edwin colcombe was born in mountain ash. I wonder if any help could be given? thanks in advance.

Sam

Hi sam, send me a reply giving some idea of what and who you'd like to know about and i'll see what information i can pass on to you.

Regards.

Glen Colcombe.

Offline glengc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 25 September 14 16:45 BST (UK) »
Hi sam, send me a reply giving me some idea of what and who you'd like to know about and i'll see what information i can pass on to you.

Regards.

Glen Colcombe.

Offline Sammy-Jo Janes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 25 September 14 21:14 BST (UK) »
Hi glen thanks for getting back to me so soon. Well I'm struggling lots with her family as there seems to be two sets of Colcombes from around mountain ash. I see you mention your grandfather was a David Colcombe I've not come across him yet so do you mind me checking some dates with you. My friend Sarah Colcombe lives in Swansea she is 46 and her dad is Royston Edwin Colcombe who is in his 80s his father I believe is Edwin Colcombe. Do you still live in mountain ash? I believe Roy has a sister still living in penrhiwchiba not sure if I spelt that right sorry. It would be great if you can share any info. Are you on ancestry? Thanks. Happy to add you on fb if you are on their?
Sam

Offline glengc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 27 September 14 17:07 BST (UK) »
Hiya sam, there are a few sets of colcombe's in mountain ash area, perthcelyn area, aberaman area as well. These are the ones i know of, there may be more when you start looking into it. Feel free to send me any dates you want checked and i'll see what i can clear up for you. I do still live in mountain ash (newtown), have done all my life. I'm 42. The names you mention in your post i'm not familiar with sorry. What is roy's sister's name who lives in the ceiber ? I have been on ancestry, but not for a long time now, this would be the best way to keep in touch with me through rootschat.

Thanks.

Glen.

Offline Sammy-Jo Janes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 29 January 16 23:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi glen sorry for not being in touch for a while. I've come back to the Colcombe tree to try gather more information. You say that you still live in mountain ash do your parents originate from their too? I'm just curious on this as I've met a Haydn Colcombe online that says his dad was from mountain ash but moved to Birmingham and when he took his dad's ashes back in 2012 he said he met a taxi driver with the surname Colcombe was a cousin of his, would you know of anyone like this? Thanks

Offline glengc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 14 February 16 21:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sammy-jo, sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this, due to my job I don't get online much so bear with me if you reply I will get there in the end !!

The couple of points you mention in your message are pretty close, my parents do originate from mountain ash, my father being from the penrhiwceiber area originally, and my mother from the newtown area, what is haydn colcombe's father's name, this will be interesting as my father had a cousin who moved to Birmingham, so there could be a connection here. Was the taxi driver a man or woman ? As I know a Nicola and michelle colcombe who both drive taxi's and I knew of a tommy colcombe who drove taxi's as well, he's now passed away sadly though.

Hope you get this message and it gives you something to work with in your search, get back to me with any info you have though and i'll see if I can expand on anything for you and give you as much information as I possibly can.

Regards.

Glen Colcombe.

Offline Sammy-Jo Janes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 05 July 18 16:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Glen sorry for the delay not been doing much of the tree lately but back at it now.

Can I ask your mother and father's name?

Haydn Colcombe's father's name is Idris Colcombe. Yes, I believe it was Haydn malcolm colcombe that went to Birmingham at 15 and died 2012. Haydn would have been Roy's 1st cousin (sarah's father - friend I am researching for).

As for the taxi driver names those names were never given to me unfortunately but I would imagine related as it was Haydn's son (also called Haydn) that informed me he came to mountain ash to scatter his dad's ashes in 2012.

Any further help you can be I would appreciate it. I am trying to locate the grave (including photo) of Roy's father Edwin Colcombe (died 1967) & his mother Beatrice Maud Colcombe (nee Hussey) (died 1935).

Thanks, Glen and hope to hear from you soon. Sammy-Jo x