Author Topic: how do I go about tracing a Scots Guard?  (Read 3965 times)

Offline granny13

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: how do I go about tracing a Scots Guard?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 19 December 05 13:59 GMT (UK) »
to Ann12, Manmack and michaelkweavers  Many thanks for responding to this request.  It would be great if you wouldn't mind me seeing one of your grandfather's regiment photos as I really am not having any joy tracing him.  Although due to family health problems and bereavements I have been unable to pursue it in too much detail.  I am hoping to pick it up after Xmas again. So guys thank you also for your info especially the address as that is where he was based when he married my grandmother.

So once again for the info.

Jean (Granny) ::)

Offline SHOTLEY50

• RootsChat Member
  • DAD 1917 (KRRC)
    • View Profile
Re: how do I go about tracing a Scots Guard?
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 03 January 06 13:01 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jean,
Don't know if you have written to the Scots Guards Archives yet?
I have received the records of three of my family who all served in the regiment. They are very helpful. Also it's free. As it's a charity a donation is appreciated, but there is no obligation.
Good luck with the search.
Bob. 
Roberts - Kent/Middx. Trow/Harris - Surrey. Johnston -Scotland, Lanarkshire, Barony (Glasgow). Brown - Buckinghamshire. Beale - Middx/Surrey. Hardwick - East London/Essex. Lambert - Norfolk/East London. Reddekopp - USA. Prescott - Berkshire/Ireland/Lincolnshire <br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk