Author Topic: Whats in a name  (Read 1259 times)

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
Whats in a name
« on: Friday 14 May 10 12:40 BST (UK) »
Whilst chasing a branch of the family I came across George Jenkinson b 3.5.1782 Castle Church Staffordshire the illegitimate son of Ellen Jenkinson

I luckily found him in 1841 with his wife and children including a George Hurd Jenkinson b 11.1.1906. Intrigued by George jnrs middle name I checked back and yes Ellen married John Hurd 23.4.1787 at Stafford

What George snr probably didnt realise was that he had started a trend that was to last at least 100 years

Branches of George jnrs descendants had the middle name Hurd up to at least 1900 and maybe later by which time the family probably didnt know where it originated from

A trend started all because John and Ellen were a bit slow up the aisle  ;D

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /