Author Topic: Where is Cwmydalpha ?  (Read 2752 times)

Offline sandraanne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Where is Cwmydalpha ?
« on: Thursday 27 January 05 21:13 GMT (UK) »
Hellocan anyone tell me where in montgomery is a place call CWMYDALPHA all i know it is near kerry and on the 1841 census under name of harris sandraanne

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Links: Maps of Montgomeryshire
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 January 05 19:11 GMT (UK) »
Sandraanne,

The name Cwmydalfa appears on the 1851 census in Kerry in 4 ways:

Cwmydalfa
Upper Cwmydalfa
Blaen Cwmydalfa
Lower Cwmydalfa

I do know that Blaen Cwmydalfa was the name of a house because when I did a search on Google for it, I found a website about the Woosnam family of Llanidloes who used to live there. 

I think that maybe they are all property names - I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong!!!!!

What are the names of the people you are looking for?  I can look at the 1851 for you.

Jan :)

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.