Author Topic: Coldrick  (Read 3192 times)

Offline hedwig06

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Coldrick
« on: Monday 17 May 10 11:35 BST (UK) »
I wondered if anyone could help me in the search for Thomas Coldrick's Birth/Baptism record.

I have Thomas Coldrick's Burial record :- 10/6/1838 Aged 60 Abode Ledbury.

I have his 2 marriages,
1st :- 21/4/1804 to Jane Gwatkin in Woolhope.
2nd :- 11/6/1821 to Hannah Saul in Much Marcle.

I'm assuming from his burial he would have been born around 1778.

Thank You.
Coldrick - Ladywood, Birmingham.
Spooner - Atherstone & Wigan.
Mernagh - Birmingham & Ireland.
Potter - Birmingham.
Blair - Birmingham & Scotland.
Hull - Wigan.
Purdham - Wigan.

Offline Chilis

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Coldrick
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 May 10 19:14 BST (UK) »
I wondered whether it was worth bringing your attention to the the baptism of a Thomas COLLERICK, 10 Oct 1773 at Longdon, Upton on Severn, Worcestershire, so just into the next county.  This parish is certainly within striking distance of Ledbury and also then Much Marcle and Woolhope.  I know, because I used to live near there.  There are roads heading due west from Longdon via Bromsberrow that would take one to Much Marcle, with Woolhope being just a little further.

It would certainly be possible that Thomas was older than stated at time of burial, particularly if his age was given by an informant, such as a neighbour, at the time of his death.

Worth keeping in mind, anyway.
Chilis

Offline hedwig06

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 18 May 10 20:00 BST (UK) »
Chilis,

Thank you for replying.

I will look into that baptism, not living close to the area, I don't really know what is near what, so any help/insight is really helpful.

Angi x
Coldrick - Ladywood, Birmingham.
Spooner - Atherstone & Wigan.
Mernagh - Birmingham & Ireland.
Potter - Birmingham.
Blair - Birmingham & Scotland.
Hull - Wigan.
Purdham - Wigan.

Offline grandslam03

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 09 April 17 08:59 BST (UK) »
Searching for Thomas Coldrick's origin for past year with little success. Can add that he and first wife are buried at Putley and second wife (Hannah Saul) lived on at Lower Mitchell Farm Ledbury with 3 of 4 sons including my direct line Thomas Coldrick junior. All moved to Birmingham post 1851 Census.
Agree with other suggestion that he may be older than declared and from outside Herefordshire - the opinion of Hereford Archive - including Gloucestershire where a Thomas Collerick has been recorded circa 1715/1720. The search continues.

Offline cimbrio

• RootsChat Senior
  • http://thegenealogycorner.wordpress.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 01 May 17 00:15 BST (UK) »
John's first marriage entry mentions his wife Jane Gwatkin is from Woolhope; no apparent reference to John's place of origin.

I have an ancestor called Deborah Collerick/Coldrick, in case you happen to come by her. She married in Bromsberrow, Gloucestershire (near the Herefordshire border) in 1743.

Best wishes!
Herefordshire: ALLEN (Colwall), CARTWRIGHT (Kington & Almeley), DAVIS (Colwall), EVANS (Pembridge), GODSALL (Colwall), JONES (Whitbourne), MORRIS (Kington & Kinnersley), MOUND (Wormsley), TIPPINS (Staunton-on-Arrow), RODWAY (Colwall), VICKRESS (Wellington & Hope-under-Dinmore), WATKINS (Almeley)
Shropshire: MOUND (Hope Bagot)
Worcestershire: PARKER (Kempsey)