Author Topic: How can I obtain a overseas birth certificate?  (Read 6722 times)

Offline coombs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Research the dead....forget the living.
    • View Profile
Re: How can I obtain a overseas birth certificate?
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 26 May 10 22:36 BST (UK) »
You must be well pleased. I am not sure about Sweidsh birth registrations but at least you have Carl's date of birth, 13 Jan 1856.
Researching:

LONDON, Coombs, Roberts, Auber, Helsdon, Fradine, Morin, Goodacre
DORSET Coombs, Munday
NORFOLK Helsdon, Riches, Harbord, Budery
KENT Roberts, Goodacre
SUSSEX Walder, Boniface, Dinnage, Standen, Lee, Botten, Wickham, Jupp
SUFFOLK Titshall, Frost, Fairweather, Mayhew, Archer, Eade, Scarfe
DURHAM Stewart, Musgrave, Wilson, Forster
SCOTLAND Stewart in Selkirk
USA Musgrave, Saix
ESSEX Cornwell, Stock, Quilter, Lawrence, Whale, Clift
OXON Edgington, Smith, Inkpen, Snell, Batten, Brain

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 27 May 10 02:08 BST (UK) »
It's a title and a name "hustrun Johanna" = "wife Johanna"
Similarly you'll see "S" and "D" before the names of the sons and daughters.

http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html
 - shows a baptism in Stockholm for a daughter (born Feb 1871) of Anders Gustaf Lindstrom and Johanna Lindquist. There's a good chance this is another daughter (considering Johanna's age, maybe the last child). If so, that gives you her last name at least.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Talie

• I am sorry but my email address is not working at the moment
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 27 May 10 12:27 BST (UK) »
It's a title and a name "hustrun Johanna" = "wife Johanna"
Similarly you'll see "S" and "D" before the names of the sons and daughters.

- shows a baptism in Stockholm for a daughter (born Feb 1871) of Anders Gustaf Lindstrom and Johanna Lindquist. There's a good chance this is another daughter (considering Johanna's age, maybe the last child). If so, that gives you her last name at least.

I was searching Johanna all last night, found somthing to then find out it was wrong.. I think you are totally right about the Johanna Linquist, I found some other kids which tie in with the census. Thank you so much for your help. Now it's the case of trying to find out what Anders birth location says ??? i've managed to find out the rest but that one i'm stumped.
Lindstrom, Spall, Foot, Messenger, Cutts, Farey, Roberts, Nicholls, Bannister, Oakenfull, Whayman, Harvey, Woodfield, Collins, West Ham, Sweden, Berkshire, Wiltshire, Mile End, Essex, Epping, Bethnal Green

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 27 May 10 17:34 BST (UK) »
If you look at the "Rotemansarkivet" search, I think this is records tracking movement of people within Stockholm.

You can trace some of the siblings:
Gustaf Hjalmar, b. 13/12/1853, Tveta (by himself, 1890-1893, arrives in from Nacka briefly with an Andersson family, 1893-1894; wife Anna Katarina in that family may be nee Lindquist, marries Katarina Berggren, 1894, appears with her, but no children, until 1901, when they move to Öregrund.

Alma Kristina (Andersson /Lindström/ and variations), b. 7/11/1861 on census appears as 7/12/1861 on these documents, Norrköping
    in 1893-1895, in Stockholm with husband Erik Vilhelm (b. 1856), arrive from Nacka, and children Ruben Vilhelm and Ebba Maria.  1895, move to Nacka.  1905, return from Nacka (now only Ebba in the household), 1908, return to Nacka.  1924, her and her husband reappear in Stockholm from Huddinge and are there until at least 1926.
     Ruben Vilhelm (b. 1887 Nacka) also comes back from Nacka in 1905 but lives alone.  He returns to Nacka in 1908.
     In 1919 he comes back to Stockholm with a wife and child (name not known as records for those who might be still living have been censored)
     Ebba Maria  (b. 1893 Stockholm) appears in 1912 as Ehrlund /Anderson/, Ebba Maria (arriving from Nacka with a husband and child), is there 1912-1914, back to Nacka in 1914, reappears (with husband and child) in 1919 from Kloster.

Elin Maria Lindström, b. 28/02 1868 Norrköping, appears in 1893 (from Nacka) with:
   Karin Wilhelmina Mari Lindström, b. 1892 Nacka (from 1913 by herself, unmarried, with children)
   and then also has
   Margareta Augusta Lindström, b. 1896 Stockholm (from 1913 by herself, unmarried, has children)
   Nils Oskar Lindström, b. 1898 Stockholm (from 1913 by himself, 1925 living in household Wiggström, 1926 "cohabiting" with Hildur Terodia Wiggström, unmarried)

Johanna Katarina Lindström, b. 2/2/1871, Stockholm, arrives 1893 from Nacka with Inez Matilda Katarina (1892) and also has Ivan Gotthard (1894), in Stockholm to 1898 when she moves to Trelleborg.  Possibly she went with Ivar/Ivan Bernhard Emanuel Ingelström who appears in her household in 1897 and who also moves there in 1898.
   in 1914 Inez Matilda Katarina "Ingelström" reappears from Trelleborg, same birthdate as Johanna's child. In 1918 she briefly is living in the household as "Elin Lindström" (probably her aunt, above), she then leaves for Malmo.

- shows children to Ivan Ingelström and Johanna Katarina Lindström

http://hittagraven.stockholm.se/
 - has some cemetery data in Stockholm. e.g. for Ruben Vilh. Andersson who may be the child of Alma.

The chance that there are living relatives seems relatively high, although tracking them might be difficult! I'd suggest looking at Nacka for records of Anders and Johanna's deaths.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Talie

• I am sorry but my email address is not working at the moment
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 27 May 10 23:33 BST (UK) »
Wow, that's alot of imformation to digest, thank you again. I've noted it all down and hopefully i'll get my head around all that  :P
I've been sitting around for hours trying to find the marriage Between Anders and Johanna, can't seem to find it  ??? And other than the baptism of their son gustaf and daughter Johanna I haven't been able to place any of the other kids. Gahh, i've come to realise Swedish ancestry is hard, and it's even harder when I can read swedish, haha.   :-X
Lindstrom, Spall, Foot, Messenger, Cutts, Farey, Roberts, Nicholls, Bannister, Oakenfull, Whayman, Harvey, Woodfield, Collins, West Ham, Sweden, Berkshire, Wiltshire, Mile End, Essex, Epping, Bethnal Green

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Grandpa Stanley has the hanky in his pocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 28 May 10 03:03 BST (UK) »
Well done Jorose!  You never cease to amaze me!

Karen
Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Reinhart - Baden, Germany
Bowman & Ellis - England
Etheridge - Gloucestershire

Who all came to Canada in a little row boat, clap clap, clap your hands!!

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 01 May 14 00:20 BST (UK) »
Hi
An old post here but....

I have tracked down Anders and Johanna's marriage and Karl Rudolf's birth in the books here in Sweden.
If you want more please let me know.

Ian

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 06 May 14 11:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Ian,

I am sorry but Talie's emails have stopped working and sadly we have not been able to find a new working email address for her. Oh what a shame :'( she would have been so pleased to have found this out.

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 06 May 14 12:13 BST (UK) »
Ok.
Thanks Sarah.