Author Topic: Samuel PROBERT, Bath  (Read 2839 times)

Offline transparu

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel PROBERT, Bath
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 15 March 16 06:10 GMT (UK) »
Dear John,

Thanks so much for the contact.

I have not looked at that side of the family for some time so it is great to find a new lead.  I am interested in anything you have that extends the family back (or sideways!).

I have James (b c1760) as son of James Probert (b c1740) and Mary English who married in St James, Bath, 10 Nov 1768. The junior of these two James was one of MY 3rd Great Grandfathers too!

I had Samuel's death as 67 Romney St, Westminster, on 29 Oct 1873.  I'll have to check where I found that as it doesn't coincide with your information.  There is another (VERY SERIOUS) genealogist in Melbourne, Aust) whose wife is also a direct descendant and we have had some communication.  He was my source for some information.

I have just returned home from some weeks away and will have more time to look at these matters within a week or so.  In the meantime, I'll be thinking!

Have you by any chance taken an Ancestry DNA test? I have.

I have My Yates Family Tree as private on Ancestry now - mainly because I was dismayed by what Ancestry announced just before Christmas re FTM. I would be happy to invite you to gain access though, should you wish.

More later, but thanks so much for the contact.

Dave
Yates (Tamworth, Staffs), Yates (Leicester), Probert (London, Westminster, Bath), Argles, Robinson (London, Westminster), Jessop (Westmeath)

Offline transparu

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel PROBERT, Bath
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 15 March 16 09:26 GMT (UK) »
John,
Have you seen the attached image?
David
Yates (Tamworth, Staffs), Yates (Leicester), Probert (London, Westminster, Bath), Argles, Robinson (London, Westminster), Jessop (Westmeath)