Author Topic: Soooo Excited a new name a new line...  (Read 12774 times)

Offline granny13

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re:Soooo Excited a new name a new line...
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 20 May 04 17:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Pam it was great to read your message and feel your excitement, good luck with the research.  Just wanted to say that it was also good reading the replies I thought it was just my family that were afflicted with cloudy looking blank eyes accompanied by an irritating cough!!!

Jean  ::)

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 20 May 04 23:02 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Cloudy blank eyes?  Cough?  ::)

My hubbie claims I am driving him down the pub more often than he'd like,  claims it's the only place he can get a conversation that's not about dead people.  ???

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Pa is Scottish, Ma is Welsh, Nose is Roamin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 20 May 04 23:18 BST (UK) »
Well I for one like my dead'uns.  They don't answer back, they don't ask fo rmoney  -eh  ??? yes they do!  They're always wanting 5 credits to download or 75p to view.

Hayho.
 ;D
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumfrieshire: Fallen, Fallon, Carruthers, Scott, Farish, Aitchison, Green, Ryecroft, Thomson, Stewart
Midlothian: Linn/d, Aitken, Martin
North Wales: Robins(on), Hughes, Parry, Jones
Cumberland: Lowther, Young, Steward, Miller
Somerset: Palmer, Cork, Greedy, Clothier

Online intermittently!

Offline munchies

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Elias Saundie (Soundie) and Jane Heeley
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 21 May 04 00:48 BST (UK) »
My kids are also fed up of hearing about dead people and my husband who has been vaguely interested went with me yesterday to the records office and was fed up within an hour and wanted to stop for dinner ....I ask you time there is far too precious to eat  :-X

I received the British Vital Records 2nd edition today and his eyes glazed over before disk 2 was in.

he quite likes the finished product of the family tree though just doesn't want to know how I got there.

Donna
Surname interests Soundie, Brookfield, Healey/Heeley, Frost, Handley, Goodall Weaver, Evans, Pagett, Waywell/Whaywell, Haimes, Jones, Roberts, Cummins Ryder, Bleasdale and Foley, Jackson, Robinson, Calvert and Grayson.
Searching in Liverpool, Shropshire, London, Worcester and Holywell, Stafford and Cheshire.  (and eventually in Ireland) :-)

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Pa is Scottish, Ma is Welsh, Nose is Roamin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 21 May 04 09:49 BST (UK) »
Teehee.

I took my boyfriend grave walking to Wigton, that was an hilarious day!  It was in February.  There was torrential downpours interspersed with hailstones and snow.  But I packed woolley hats and boiled eggs and after a 5 minute moan he plugged himself into the radio and marched down the rows.  He did one half and I di the other.  He loved it!  Mainly because he found all the graves I was looking for and I found none..

I haven't heard the last of it.

P ;D
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumfrieshire: Fallen, Fallon, Carruthers, Scott, Farish, Aitchison, Green, Ryecroft, Thomson, Stewart
Midlothian: Linn/d, Aitken, Martin
North Wales: Robins(on), Hughes, Parry, Jones
Cumberland: Lowther, Young, Steward, Miller
Somerset: Palmer, Cork, Greedy, Clothier

Online intermittently!

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 21 May 04 10:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Pam,

I took my husband searching a graveyard some months age,  he wandered around,  looking bored until I told him who I was looking for.  Then he was like a man possessed,  looked on every stone,  even those I had already read.  

We did not find the one we were looking for,  and he was really disappointed.

It turned out I had taken him to the wrong church.  ::)

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

Offline Chris in 1066Land

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Forever Searching, Forever Learning"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 21 May 04 10:27 BST (UK) »
Hi

After reading the above posts, I must be very lucky as all of the Family are keen Genealogists - even my 5 year old, bless her.

We all love looking around old churchyards, especially if its one that may contain some of our ancestors - kids have a competion to see who can find the first one, the most, etc.

They like taking pictures of unusual stones and images on stones, which they use when doing family history at school (basic family trees) and often accompany me when I am surveying, transcribing and photograping a churchyard.  My son (10) loves it best when the churchyard is near a railway line as he is train mad, and wants to be an engine driver when he grows up.  I can remember having that dream some 50 years ago.

Chris in 1066Land
One of Rootschats Founder Members RIP 1942-2021
Living at the Heart of English History in 1066Land. 
www.Rootschat.com/history/hastings

Swarbrooke Family Heritage
https://swarbrooke.co.uk

Own Ancestral Website:    http://maythornemill.webs.com                                          
Monumental Sculptures Website:    http://Tombstones.webs.com

Local History Site: http://zouch.webs.com
Baldslow Local History site
http://web.archive.org/web/20140626153455/http://www

Offline anne

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 21 May 04 19:42 BST (UK) »
I have just an awful day at work,one of those days you wish you had rang in sick but i have just been reading these replies about graveyards,dead people and pubs and it has really cheared me up.Thanks you lot,its a good job we can be as silly as we are serious.Anne. :)
Ayrshire,Kennedy,Faulds,Cuthbert,Crawford,Young,Edgar,Bell
Dundee,Nicol,Cant,Kennedy,Jamison,
Dumfrieshire,Wilson,Maxwell,Lammie,Cowan,Young,

Offline granny13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 22 May 04 09:05 BST (UK) »
Well done to everyone who replied to Pam it has been great entertainment reading them.

We attended a family wedding and hubbie couldn't believe i was taking my printed (1.5ins thick) book with me.  When I got there I suddenly realised I knew more about the dead than the living, so currently ringing everyone for their info even more glazed eyes and bored voices.

Jean