Author Topic: Soooo Excited a new name a new line...  (Read 12771 times)

Offline Annahannah

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Soooo Excited a new name a new line...
« Reply #27 on: Monday 30 August 04 08:07 BST (UK) »
My mother would answer questions and tell me stories about her family, but other than that she didn't want to know. Until I found her GG-grandparents, and her illegitimate uncle.  Then she got quite keen.

Anna
Tharratt, Smith - London
Canham, Harvey, Ship - Suffolk
Higgins. Bowden, Ayres/Eyre - Buckingham
McDonald - Scotland, Africa, Canada, USA

Offline Jo New

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 30 August 04 08:51 BST (UK) »
Hi
sorry no Phythians in my mlfhs books, but i will keep an eye out for them  ::)

My other half is amazed that i know more about his family than he actually does and he sometimes looks interested when i find another one!

joanne  :D

UK Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MrsLizzy

• I am very sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • A Woman Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 30 August 04 11:14 BST (UK) »
My husband says I am obsessed with dead people.  I have often wished he'd get interested but no luck and now it's too late as we are separating anyway!  ;D  One time we were wondering what to give his mother for her 60th birthday, and he said "I know!  You can research her family tree!"  I said "In three months???"    :o
Connell (Mayo & Lancs 19th/20th c) Culling (Norfolk & London 19th c) Diss (Essex) Giesen (UK only 19th/20th c) Hackney (London) Henbest (Kent & Sussex) Hughes (Mayo to Burnley, Lancs & Edward, Parachute Regiment 40s, 50s) Lister (London) Maltby (Marylebone) Mayo (Glos) Nials Noquet (Huguenot) Phillips (S London) Poulain (France & London) Rayner (Halstead, Essex) Pratt (Kent & Sussex) Redfearn (London) Silk Speller (Rodings, Essex) Thompson (S London) Thurley Trundle Wade Westley

Offline munchies

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Elias Saundie (Soundie) and Jane Heeley
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 30 August 04 16:39 BST (UK) »
Found this in my notebook too (knew they were there somewhere)

1871 67 Edgerton Street Liverpool
RG10 3785 folio 79

William R Phythian lodger unmarried 25
ship ironmonger born Lancaster Banford

Donna
Surname interests Soundie, Brookfield, Healey/Heeley, Frost, Handley, Goodall Weaver, Evans, Pagett, Waywell/Whaywell, Haimes, Jones, Roberts, Cummins Ryder, Bleasdale and Foley, Jackson, Robinson, Calvert and Grayson.
Searching in Liverpool, Shropshire, London, Worcester and Holywell, Stafford and Cheshire.  (and eventually in Ireland) :-)

Offline crab2

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 04 October 04 03:28 BST (UK) »
 Have you thought of putting in the surname and do a search throught Google etc, I did this with the Grunefeld name and then sent off emails explaining what I was doing, I ended up with 2 families with their tree to add to mine, it grew from around 50 ppl within a week to over 300 ppl on it. Might have to try that with my father's side and see what happens.

lindanz

Offline JillJ

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 04 October 04 22:04 BST (UK) »
Would you believe I have only ever done one graveyard search and I made the huge mistake of taking the worse half with me!   I located the right area of the cemetery and started walking up and down the rows.   Hubby became self-appointed Director of Operations and started telling me I was in the wrong place, etc.   After nearly an hour of this he suddenly asked "what are we looking for?"

It was probably the most disastrous day I have ever had, but I won't bore you with the rest of the details!

Jill
Jowett & Broadbent in Leeds.
Perry, Hartshorn/e & Wilkes in Birmingham & Dudley. Walker and Dabill in Sheffield & Notts.
Farrar in Darlington & Leeds.
Kidd & Taylor in Hartlepool & Teesside
Census information is crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk