Author Topic: Immigration into Hull  (Read 1128 times)

Offline mdm

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Immigration into Hull
« on: Sunday 27 March 05 17:45 BST (UK) »

my great grandparents came into England from Kovna. I do not know if they were married at the time they were born 1878, 1879 His name was Morris Cohen and her name was Rachel Galinski at least that is what I have been told.  their children were born in Leeds, on my grandmothers birth certificate it states those names. I wish to find documentation of their arrival but I am not sure where I need to go to, to get this info any help will be greatly appreciated.
Mt other great grandparents came to England from Poland, but I was told that they were German. Their names were Barrett Lewis Rosenberg and Jane Unknown last name. Their children
were bprn on Leeds

Offline Berlin-Bob

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Immigration into Hull
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 27 March 05 17:52 BST (UK) »
Hi mdm,

Welcome to RootsChat !

As a first help, I suggest you check out some of the info. threads, here on the Immigrants board.

in particular, "Sharing Useful Tips: Germany and E. Europe", "BOOK: Immigration and Aliens", and any threads with the word Naturalisation or Aliens in the title.
This will give you some ideas of the available documentation, and then we can start searching more specifically.

Good luck,
Bob
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)