Author Topic: Wilson fish shop Belfast  (Read 16559 times)

Offline dinkeybattersea

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wilson fish shop Belfast
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 31 July 11 10:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Lillymayglo my mother in law is Mary Jane Wilson, she must be your aunt as Thomas is her brother, I also was trying to find the maiden name of thomas Wilson's Grandmother; and where she came from, if you could help me it would be a great step forward in my family tree, here I enclose a copy of a photo,of Thomas & Mary Janes father and mother.
Photo James Wilson and Ellen Roads

Offline bloodties

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 05 August 11 20:44 BST (UK) »
Hi dinkeybattersea
My husband is the grandson of James Wilson and Ellen Roads and the exact same photo hung on the wall while he was growing up. Husband father also named James eldest son of James and Ellen he passed away in 1991 the Thomas Wilson mentioned in my previous post is also a son of James and Ellen  and my husbands uncle

regards bloodties
Crouch  Craig Hawthorn(e) Atkinson Mulholland Wilson Loughlin

Offline dinkeybattersea

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 08 August 11 10:25 BST (UK) »
Hi From dinkeybattersea, Wedding date For Ellen Roads & James Wilson was 6th of October 1911 at St Ann's Cathedral Belfast. James died on the 6th June 1946 aged 76 years, in Paddington Hospital his adress at time of death was 25 Chippenham Road Paddington. Ellen died on the 18 Feb 1951 aged 66 years also in Paddington Hospital Ellen's adress is the same as James. Ellen was born on 13 April  1889 in Acton Middsex, her father's name was Joseph Roads and this was his second marriag, her mother's name was Elizabeth Randall, She came from a large family. Hope this helps dinkeybattersea

Offline bloodties

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 08 August 11 13:42 BST (UK) »
Hi dinkeybattersea.
I have marriage cert for James and Ellen but did not know when either of them had passed away so thank you for that info as said in one of my previous posts I have traced Ellen Roads back almost 600 years thank to London parish records and birth and death indexes.Ellen was baptized on the 9th june in south acton london
Joseph Roads married Eliza Randall on the 17th december 1877 in Ealing, Eliza already had 3 children at the time of her marriage to Joseph. they then had 8 children that  one of them being Ellen.
Joseph first marriage was to an Emma Rush in december 1856 which also produced 8 children Emma Rush/Roads died age 44 in Acton in 1876 a year later Joseph married Eliza Randall. Joseph died in Acton in 1908 he was a policeman in the London Met

regards

Offline pass

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 12 August 11 12:45 BST (UK) »
Hi
I thanks for reply.  For a long time I thought that James and John might be same person then was  told by family that  John never married. James died in London in the 1940s not long after he moved there with his wife The family always thought that the Wilsons were the London connection when infact it was Ellen Roads James wife  I  have been able to trace Ellen  back almost 600 years from London parish records.

regards

Hi,

My name is Ian *, but before I changed my name by deepole, it used to be * Gregg.
I am the second son of Lillian Margaret Gregg, formally known as Lillian Margaret Willson born 27 th of Oct 1914. My grandmother was Ellane Wilson my grandfather James Willson. I would love to have knowledge of relatives in and around Northern Ireland. Just as a matter of interest I was born * in * London. I am looking forward to hearing from you.   

Regards,

Ian

* personal details removed in accordance with Rootschat policy. Please exchange such information by PM (Personal Message)

Offline bloodties

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 12 August 11 13:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Pass
Welcome to Rootschat
Was your grandparents James Wilson and Ellen Roads married in Belfast 1911
Glad to be of help wherever I can just tell me what you would like to know
I was very grateful for the help of Lilymayglo and dinkbattersea.

regards

Offline bloodties

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 12 October 11 11:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Dinkeybattersea
We now know the maiden name of Mary Jane Wilson to be Loughlin/laughlin as stated on childrens birth certs if you reply to this message then you would have made three posts and will be able to send you a personal message what I and Lilymayglo have discovered about the Wilson family.

regards

Offline dinkeybattersea

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 13 October 11 21:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Bloodties I like your self have done a lot of work the Roads Family, As I came to a full stop on James Wilson Jn's Mother side. As you know my mother in law is Mary Jane Wilson daughter of James & Ellen. I tryed asking some of the children of James & Ellen's that are still alive, About his age and whear he was born, All agreed on December 1870 but not sure of  Scotland or N Ireland, Bloodties was you'r husband's Father James Ronald. Yours dinkeybattersea 

Offline JanetDbr

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 28 September 12 21:20 BST (UK) »
Hello Lillymayglo and all.

Mary married Samuel Wilson Neil Dunseith on 26 March 1910 at St Annes.  They had about 12 children, only names I know are James (Jimmy - died 15 June 1997), John and Sammy.  Mary died on 20th June 1937 aged 49 and on her certification the cause of death says unclear.  My grandmother say there was a coverup and her husband was very unkind to her.  I think he will be the one you referred to earlier.  I knew their son Jimmy and he was a lovely man in fact my brother has a tape somewhere of Jimmy talking about family history so we will try to find it.  You can find the Dunseith's on the 1911 census at 5 Rainey Street, Windsor Ward.

While attempting to trace my family tree I came across this post.  I am the youngest daughter of Samuel and Mary Dunseith and I remember my father speaking about all these people.   

When I return to Belfast I always went to visit aunt Lilly.  I knew Gordon Hill very well.   

Samuel Dunseith was living with me when he died in 1964.  I was only 3 years old when my mother died.  She had ten children - Jimmy, Sammy, John, Molly, *, the twins Bob (Robert) and Willie, *, * and *.  Four of the ten are still in the land of the living - * - in Australia, *, * and me.  When Mary died we were told it was a blood infection from a insect sting.

I was told that my Uncle James moved over to Willesden (London) to run a public house - we've lost trace of them over the years.

* details of living people removed in accordance with Rootschat policy