Author Topic: Tonks and Roberts Marriage Help Please  (Read 951 times)

Offline bjames57

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tonks and Roberts Marriage Help Please
« on: Thursday 27 May 10 12:39 BST (UK) »
I am hoping someone can help me I am trying to locate the marriage of Sarah Tonks and Richard Roberts,  Sarah was born in Stanton Lacy near Bitterly  Richard orginates from Labadarn Fynydd near Knighton in Radnorshire the family stayed in the Stanton Lacy area as several of thier children were baptised there.    Sarah was born in 1809 the daughter or Richard Tonks and Martha Tonks nee Wilkes she was baptised in Stanton Lacy.   Richard was born in 1807 their eldest daughter listed on the 1841 Census was born about 1828 so i imagine they were married some time around there, if anyone has access to marriage records for the Bitterly Parish would they mind doing a look up for me please!

Thank you
Sheard Family Batley, Lepton, Dewsbury
Squire(s) Family Batley, Hanging Heaton Dewsbury Chidswell
Nelson Family Hanging Heaton Birstall
James Family Barnsley, Glamorganshire, Pembrokeshire  Stackpole Elidor / Woodsend, Begelly
Lewis Family Begelly, Reynoldston / Reynalton Pembrokeshire
Gunter Family St Issells, Tenby Pwmbrokeshire

Offline mjolnir

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tonks and Roberts Marriage Help Please
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 June 20 22:10 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I'm a direct descendant of Richard and Sarah but have been unable to discover any link to Llanbardarn Fynydd.  Some trees on ancestry.co.uk suggest his father was Robert Lewis, of Llanbadarn, but there's no dna evidence for this.  Where did the information regarding Llanbardarn come from?
BTW, Richard and Sarah were married 21/10/1832 in Burford, Shropshire.
The record states Richard married Sarah's sister Mary, but the banns were for Sarah and the marriage was witnessed by Richard & Martha Tonks. Mary married Robert Weaver in 1827, with Martha Tonks & John Grosvenor as witnesses.