Author Topic: Calvert New Abbey-Dumfies  (Read 3006 times)

Offline GillSmith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Calvert New Abbey-Dumfies
« on: Sunday 27 March 05 21:28 BST (UK) »
Anyone connected to Calverts who lived in New Abbey- they were employed at the saw mills
Some moved to Dumfries
My line went to Liverpool - Mary Calvert b1828 Dalton married David Todd in New Abbey and later settled in Liverpool

Gill
N Wales
Calvert Scotland<br />Coleman Ireland, Flynn Co. Mayo.<br />Gough Ireland,O'Brien,Ireland Smith, Todd Scotland, Tovey Wales and Bedminster, Donley Ireland and Cumbria, Morrine Scotland,Grierson Scotland,Maban Scotland,Bell Scotland, McKie. Hurse from Somerset. Scotland.<br />Johnston Scotland.<br />Hope Scotland<br />Rea Scotland<br />Jardine,Elliot Scotland,Almond,Smith England, Hodges Cheshire.<br />Thompson Northern Ireland,<br />Ireland,Scotland and Wales

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline phylscot

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Calvert New Abbey-Dumfies
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 22 November 08 19:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gill - just found this one - I'm descended from David Todd as well.  His daughter Mary married Henry Black and they are my great grandparents.
  Have quite a lot about the Calverts and three other contacts - one from David Todd and 2 from New Abbey/Canonbie.
Phyl
Calvert,Todd, Dumfries-shire
Black,Jones,Todd, Thompson, McDougall, McNair  Liverpool
Black  Ellis    Anglesey
William Kelsall Tait, Elizabeth Filkin Astbury  Staffs
McDougall  Mull, Oban, Greenock
McNair  Fairlie
McFarlan Greenock

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.