Author Topic: Ancestry Germany  (Read 5588 times)

Online greyingrey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ancestry Germany
« on: Saturday 29 May 10 10:13 BST (UK) »
Has anyone tried using this ? Thinking of doing the free trial with this, as I've got 4 German families...one from Berlin, one from Hannover, one from Strelitz & one from Lüneburg (the last two aren't 100% clear from the census, but that's what they look like) I've also got one family with just "Germany" on the census. Anyway, if it's any use, I may be needing it long term.

If anyone has any experience of taking it for the trial period with Germany in mind, any tips would be most welcome. Someone has said to me that it would be best to take the worldwide version for the free trial...would I lose out on any German resources that are on the German version ?

Thanks

Offline Jamesk10

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry Germany
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 August 10 19:43 BST (UK) »
A while ago I took out the free 14 day trial on Ancestry.com, and I opted for the Worldwide version. You get access to all the records, including the German ones. I'm researching the German side of my family, but the records on Ancestry didn't help me. I still use the site for reference to the information I've already gathered, but I just can't affort to continue the subscription at the moment. I hope that helps.  :)
Keen, Prinz, Printz, Melhuish, King, Croxford, Bedding,

Offline SusieHK

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry Germany
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 June 11 12:04 BST (UK) »
I am a member of Ancestry worlwide, because I also have relatives from Luneburg, Wiemar, Pommern, and this site is not much use at all, many records are just not available, they have a very small data for Germany.