Author Topic: Canal Boat Families  (Read 26759 times)

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline jane harrison

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Canal Boat Families
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 02 November 11 22:31 GMT (UK) »
  The Hollingshead are a large family of canal people their tree links with Bannister,Bunn,Green,Wood,Meaney (on this Forum)James,Wenlock to name a few all are canal boat familys

Offline pj roberts

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 19 December 13 16:45 GMT (UK) »
Hello
I am from the Harrison line of boat people gingernut1 is also in my family tree but my line is closer connected to the humphries & nixons two of my grandads sisters married Humphries
[/hi jane ....this is my first day on the site . I am starting to research my mum's side,she was doris Nixon daughter of jim Nixon who settled in long buckby any help would be appreciated   thanks peter
quote]

Offline jane harrison

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 19 December 13 19:22 GMT (UK) »
Hello Peter
Welcome to Roots Chat
Is that the Jim Nixon who was  brother to Ben (Benny) son to Eli & Lizzie
if so then I have photos of Jim & some family members most given to me by Aunty Violet (wife of Benny) this also includes her wedding album.my full name is Jeannette but I use jane on here as there is already 2 x Jeannette smith
Jeannette

Offline pj roberts

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 20 December 13 11:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello Peter
Welcome to Roots Chat
Is that the Jim Nixon who was  brother to Ben (Benny) son to Eli & Lizzie
if so then I have photos of Jim & some family members most given to me by Aunty Violet (wife of Benny) this also includes her wedding album.my full name is Jeannette but I use jane on here as there is already 2 x Jeannette smith
Jeannette
hi Jeanette                  thanks for getting back to me. spoken to my mum this morning she tells me her dad was jim Nixon brother to eddie sid frank matilda and eli, and that her granddad(jim's dad) was called ben. jim was married to sarah Humphries who's siblings were harriet doris and mary.do you know the name of ben's
 wife?also I would be interested in any photos you may have.....thanks peter

Offline jane harrison

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 20 December 13 22:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello Peter
 one more posting & then you can use the personal messaging service & I will send some photos.
 Jims Dad   Benjamin Slater Nixon married a Jane Creswell. Eli Slater Nixon Jims Brother had a son also called Benjamin Slater Nixon he was known as benny.I spoke to bennys daughter today & told her I was in contact with you. what area do you live in ??
Jeannette

Offline pj roberts

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 21 December 13 09:02 GMT (UK) »
Hello Peter
 one more posting & then you can use the personal messaging service & I will send some photos.
 Jims Dad   Benjamin Slater Nixon married a Jane Creswell. Eli Slater Nixon Jims Brother had a son also called Benjamin Slater Nixon he was known as benny.I spoke to bennys daughter today & told her I was in contact with you. what area do you live in ??
Jeannette
hi Jeannette    thanks for the info.have you any idea where Benjamin originated from? I can remember eli from when I was a kid visiting my granddad(jim) in buckby. of course eli was always uncle eli to my mum,i can remember her uncle frank and uncle eddie as well.i live in west wales at the moment but am going up to see my mum after xmas will take the laptop and scanner with me as she has loads of photos........thanks peter

Offline jane harrison

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 23 December 13 23:07 GMT (UK) »
Hello Peter
Jeannette
hi Jeannette    thanks for the info.have you any idea where Benjamin originated from? I can remember eli from when I was a kid visiting my granddad(jim) in buckby. of course eli was always uncle eli to my mum,i can remember her uncle frank and uncle eddie as well.i live in west wales at the moment but am going up to see my mum after xmas will take the laptop and scanner with me as she has loads of photos........thanks peter
Have sent you a personal message Peter

Offline jane harrison

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 04 January 14 20:08 GMT (UK) »
Hello Peter have sent you a message on the private message system just click on My Messages & you should get my e mail address
  Jeannette