Author Topic: 2 morrell street hull or sculcoates  (Read 17759 times)

Offline plum

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 2 morrell street hull or sculcoates
« Reply #18 on: Monday 12 July 10 18:59 BST (UK) »
hi steveJW  george has given me the runaround from him leaving home to him dying, i think that i might have to look at getting a death certificate and see if that gives a bit more info.  do you know if i can get a death cert here in halifax or have i to send to hull, if its hull do you know the address or phone number yours plum thanks.

Offline SteveJW

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 12 July 10 20:56 BST (UK) »
I assumed from your first post that you had a death certificate and this gave you the address, where did the address of Morrell Street come from???

Point your browser at
http://www.yorkshirebmd.org.uk/

Select deaths at the top right hand corner

Select search the death indexes

Select Hull 1890 - 1900

Two George Marsdens listed

1894 aged 51 Drypool
1898 aged 57 West Sculcoates

Both districts in Hull

Click on the reference number at the right hand side and it will open the application form

Any problems send me a PM Personal message and I will get you the form
Walford  Staffordshire,Yorkshire
Boyes     Beverley, Hull
Allison     Beverley, Hull
Bowser   East Yorkshire
Etherton Sussex

Offline plum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 20 July 10 19:04 BST (UK) »
hi steveJW  have sent for a death cert, we will see if it gives the morrell st address or something else. keith.

Offline SteveJW

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 20 July 10 19:57 BST (UK) »
I'm sure many of us on here would like to know the result

Did George have any other brothers that were in the licensed trade, I'm sure when looking for your George in the Hull area I came across another Marsden who was in the licensed trade

Not that a common name Marsden, but saying that the landlord of my local here in Beverley is called Marsden
Boyes     Beverley, Hull
Bowser   East Yorkshire
Etherton Sussex

Offline plum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 21 July 10 19:16 BST (UK) »
hi steve whats your marsdens first name.  i have a brother of george who has gone awol and also whilst george was the landlord of the ship inn , in harrogate, he had living with him a young lad called john s marsden and i havnt come across any relative by that name and the census showed him as a lodger,

wether william the brother thats awol gave up being a butcher in ossett with gawthorpe and went into the pub trade i dont know. but george had a brother whose son stansfield edward marsden joined the marines in 1881and was still in the marines in the 1901 census as a recruiting sargent at chorley and in 1914 he was now 55yrs old and joined up for war service, but they put him on home duties with a chace that if things where gettig out of hand with the fighting that he could go and fight, so he must have been a bit mad when he could have gone back to the farm and worked there. send me his first name and iwill look to see if anyone stands out, or ask him where his family originate from and that might give clue keith (plum)

Offline janeyanne

• RootsChat Member
  • dont put off til tomorrow what you can do today
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 23 July 10 17:30 BST (UK) »
 hello plum i am definately clicking on notify on your post am going out with camera morrill/ morrell regardless
brigham mcclarren wilson turnbull holborn burns keenan sheridan                                                           areas  Hull , Sproatley ,Withernsea,Gateshead,Middlesex,Southcave

Offline plum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 23 July 10 18:55 BST (UK) »
hi janeyanne  hope you find something , as you will have noticed on steves mail i have sent for a death certificate and this should say where he was when he died, i will not be on line for the next week as i am going up to the lakes to stop with a friend for a week, they look after a log cabin for someone and i can go if there isnt a booking so i go inbetween bookings.  the cabin is called oystercatchers and its at lakeland lesiure village, dock acres 5mins fro junction 35 M6, its a fantastic lodge with all mod cons everything you want plum .

Offline SteveJW

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 01 August 10 21:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Got your PM

John Markham in his book The Lost Streets of Hull has the following to say about Morril St

Morrill Street (1893)
Henry Morrill, a ship's chandler, was mayor in 1896-1897

It also says a tribute to Henry Morrill, in stained glass in the Banqueting Room, Hull Guildhall
(Depicts a sailing ship)

I wonder if (1893) refers to the date the street was built
Boyes     Beverley, Hull
Bowser   East Yorkshire
Etherton Sussex

Offline plum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 02 August 10 15:38 BST (UK) »
hi steve what i failed to put in the last mail was that after the  2 morrill st address are the letters in capitals USD, can you say what they mean. i have been in a bit of pain since friday pm when i went to have a big tooth out and it had an infection starting, its only this last 12 hrs that it has started to ease up. i dont like the dentist have bad memorys from the school dentist. i now have to syke my self up for the hospital on thursday as i have a pain in the left nipple, one of the practice dr's that i have seen says she couldnt find a lump and if i have pain then it's not cancer, then the next dr says he thinks he can feel something and your going to the hospital to have it checked out.  have been away for a week up at a friends cabin and expected an appointment for the hospital, no i had a letter from my dr to say you now have to make your own appointments and you are given a password from the dr's.

i think the rot has set in next we will go to a surgery where you put your hands under a scanner, it will then tell you who you are, whats up with you and it will then issue you with a prescription or a pass word to make an appointment for the hospital  plum.  thanks for your reply.